Sixty-four

Ahsha

I had woken up early the next morning unable to sleep. I looked to my left where Ares had been to see the spot was now empty. I looked over at Malik seeing him sleeping soundly with arms tightly wrapped around me.

I gently caressed his face before my finger slid over his mark. I hadn't seen it yet, but I was told it had been added the night I died. It was huge and very detailed with my initials and my family's lineage initials.

After lying in bed, a little longer admiring Malik, I eased out of his grip and bed. I freshened up and went to check on Nas almost expecting Ares to be with him.

However, he wasn't, and Nas was still asleep, so I headed downstairs and into the kitchen. I was fixing myself a cup of tea when I turned to see Ares staring at me. I jumped slightly because I hadn't sensed him enter the kitchen.

Neither one of us spoke as we stared at each other. I took the opportunity to really take a look at his new face and body. He was handsome. Ares's new body was much more built than Malik's. He went with lighter hair color and more facial hair than his brother also.

Not to mention he was huge

Not to mention he was huge. My eyes drifted down to his chest where his mark sat. It was similar to Malik's, but his placement was the huge difference.

Where Malik's was spread across his chest, stretching from shoulder to shoulder. Ares sat over his heart. Stretching up his chest and to his neck and what appeared to go around to his back. "What are you thinking about?" He finally asked. I shook my head.

"You're clearly thinking about something. You zoned out." He countered. "Just admiring the new you," I said before taking a sip of my tea. "Is that good or bad?" He asked with a slight edge to his voice.

I looked at him confused. "Why would it be bad?" I questioned. "You fell in love with Malik's face, and he has more of our father's features." He said with a shrug.

Which was true. His new features leaned more towards his mother. "I didn't fall in love with Malik's face. I like Pablo's face too and he looked nothing like either of your parents." I explained. "Well, you definitely didn't fall in love with mine." He countered with an attitude.

I huffed growing annoyed. "I don't know why you have this attitude, but you have a beautiful face. It suits you." I said turning away from him and sitting my cup down.

"Does it?" He questioned. "It does. I'm more surprised that you went with the long hair. I never knew you liked long hair." I told him.

He chuckled more so to himself. "What?" I asked. "I chose it for you." He said walking around the island toward me. "For me?" I asked confused. He picked me up sitting me on the counter before grabbing my hand and placing it on the nape of his neck.

Almost instinctually, I began to run my fingers through his hair. He stared into my eyes for a moment before he leaned into me pressing his lips against mine. I sighed parting my lips letting him deepen the kiss. It was then that I got a wave of emotion from Ares.