A Night To Remember

So you all are in for a treat! We get my take on Easter before "Planet of the Dead" took place - the date of Easter is probably wrong, I'm going by the air dates - and the Doctor and Jessie are giving . . . marriage advice? Lol, you're probably wondering who's getting married! I hope you like the plot twist I've got, and I hope you'll laugh quite a bit in a few given areas, but I hope you like the more serious ones, too.

Enjoy!

***

"Who'd've thought?" Jessie joked later as they left Jackson's home later, heading back to the TARDIS, hand in hand. "Someone makes the Doctor changed his mind."

"You gave me the puppy dog eyes!" the Doctor whined, making Jessie laugh at his pout. "Your puppy dog eyes always make me change my mind!"

"Oh, do they?" Jessie asked with a smirk. "Wonder what else I could do with them."

The Doctor's eyes widened. "Jez!"

She burst out laughing, running to the TARDIS and opening the door. "Come on!" she shouted at him. "Where are we going next?"

"No idea!" the Doctor answered, taking off his coat and draping it over the railing. "Shall we set for random?"

"Random's good," Jessie agreed, absently digging in her jeans pocket when her cell phone rang. "Random is very good." She answered her phone. "Hello?" She jerked her head back when she got a scream as an answer, and she looked at her phone worriedly before putting it on speaker. "Easy there, Martha," she quipped. "I don't think they heard you in the trillion years."

"Steve proposed!" Martha shouted at them.

Jessie's eyes widened. "What?" she gasped, a grin on her face as the Doctor's eyes brightened.

"You've been gone so long, he did it last Christmas!" Martha babbled, and Jessie frowned.

When was this call taking place? "Martha, what day is it?" she asked slowly.

"April 3, 2017," she answered, and Jessie's eyes widened. She and the Doctor really had been gone a while! "But that's why I was calling, Tony is Steve's best man, and I promised Tish she'd be my maid of honor, but we want you two there as well."

"Really?" Jessie asked, touched by the action as she grinned at the Doctor.

"But what about that Tom Milligan?" the Doctor asked.

"We broke it off," Martha answered. "There'd be too much separation. I broke off from UNIT, and Saleen offered a job at SHIELD."

"And you took it," Jessie guessed with a wide smile. "Martha, that's amazing!"

"So?" Martha asked eagerly. "What do you say?"

They grinned at each other. "We'll be right there," the Doctor promised, running around the console.

Jessie grinned, hanging up, cheering.

Two of her best friends were getting married!

***

Barely a second after Jessie exited the TARDIS at the address Martha had texted, Martha practically jumped her. Jessie laughed, hugging her tightly. "Congratulations!" she told her with a grin, pulling her back at arm's length.

Martha was beaming radiantly, hair down, grinning widely. "Thank you," she told her with a smile.

"So?" the Doctor asked, coming out of the TARDIS with his hands in his pockets. "Where's the Captain?"

"Jack, Tony, and Clint dragged him off for tuxedos," Martha rolled her eyes. "You're probably next."

Jessie giggled at her husband's worried look. "Put it this way, we can jump into the future, you spend less time in it," she suggested.