A new face for the future

Alison hope drove her car along the city roads, thinking about all the things that changed in the past months. She became the CEO of Gerald's company, following his lead and wish to make it better for the future after his death. Her positive attitude remained the same, but she became more formal and firmer on her decisions. Her confidence grew as she was not only a housekeeper but one of the most famous and successful women in the world. In the last months when she led the company, its potential grew to the stars and managed to provide millions of dollars for all the people that needed the help. She was happy to follow Gerald's wish, and she kept her promises with pride, but there was one last thing to do to put an end to a demonic past.

She parked the car next to the massive concrete structure while admiring the thick walls and guards that protected it. Alison entered the prison, accompanied by her lawyer and manager of the company. All three walked to a room that was empty apart from a table with handcuffs on it. She sat down, waiting for him to arrive.

Four guards brought him inside the room a few minutes after. Daniel Montgomery was much older now. His beard grew, and his beautiful hair was now shaved. He had a glimpse at Alison before sitting down. The guards remained in the room. Alison looked at him for a minute before starting to talk.

"I see you're doing well, Daniel." She replied.

"Shut up, Hope. What do you want?" He replied aggressively.

"But your attitude hasn't changed, I see." She replied again. "I come here to make one of your last dad's wishes. As you may know, he died three months ago."

"I didn't know he finally died," Daniel said with a bit of remorse in his voice. "Does that mean I will get the company when I get out of here?"

Alison started laughing. "My sweet Daniel, unfortunately, you will never get out of here. Additionally, to what you have done to your family, your girlfriend decided to confess as well. She said terrible things about you, Daniel. Things that include domestic abuse and severe beatings, as well as a couple of frauds and deals you have done during your time as a lawyer. She confessed all your secrets, so she made sure that you will die inside this prison."

"That stupid bitch. So, who is in charge now?" He shouted.

"I am Daniel," Alison replied, looking at him.

"You? No, that is a joke you can't be the CEO of my father's company." His eyes widened, and his face turned red.

"Indeed, she is Daniel." The lawyer replied. "Your father gave everything to her, including the Mansion and the company."

"No, no! This can't be!" Daniel became more agitated, starting to shake the chains that kept him protected.

"Your father wanted me to leave you this," Alison said, leaving a photo of him, Gerald and his mother smiling in a park. "So, you can remember one day what it means to be a family."

Daniel got up of the chair and tried to reach Alison's neck with no result. The guards got closer to him, holding his arms.

"I wish you luck, Daniel." Alison said. "this is the last thing I had to tell you."

She got up and left the room while Daniel continued to scream in anger. Alison left everything to the past, and the sins that Gerald committed were not existent. She looked to the sky as she entered her car again. Alison knew that Gerald was constantly watching her from above, and she will always keep her promise, to be better than he was.