The Funeral

Months have passed since then. Gerald Montgomery was finally at peace after his family destroyed every hope of fixing the past. Alison Hope took care of him during his last days, which constrained him to a wheelchair due to his wounds. He worked hard, and he suffered a lot because the demons that he created faced him once and for all. However, he died in peace, next to the only person alive that genuinely cared about him. His time has come to hug his father and children again, where they will always be together without fear, greed, or hate.

On that day, Alison could not stop crying. Numerous people attended Gerald's last walk towards his eternal rest. People he knew, old friend, co-workers, but also people that never knew him by person; but who he helped a lot during his lifetime. Numerous people attended the ceremony next to the tomb house of the Montgomery family, where all its members were buried. The tomb house was tall, with roman architecture and made out of white marble. It was a sturdy structure inside the graveyard full of tombstones, like pyramids in Egypt that protected real rulers. The gates opened, and Gerald's wooden coffin was placed next to his sons. Everyone entered to say their last goodbyes before the tomb closed again. For one day, the place was covered in colourful flowers that changed its deathly and pure aspect.

Alison came back home still in tears along with her children. Gerald meant a lot for her. She was more than just a boss. He was the only person that treated her like a family while she felt that she truly meant something for him. The death of his children devasted her. She pledged as a witness at Daniel's trial who was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison for a triple homicide. Gerald was present as well as watching his son for the last time. He did not cry nor smile. He finally was at peace because the demon was defeated, and his failure repaired.

Alison went back to the Montgomery Mansion for the reading of the Gerald's will. She dressed very formally and was extremely positive about it. She knew that Gerald made the right choice for the future and that he left the company in good hands. Multiple lawyers and managers of the company attended the event. Everyone was curious about who will take the lead of the company after the family deaths, but all were sure that whoever it was, it would've been better than Daniel Montgomery.

Gerald's lawyer came inside the great hall and sat down at the table. He opened a bis suitcase and picked a pile of documents from it. He started reading.

"To my friends, my co-workers and to all the people that supported me during my life. I want to thank you all for the effort that you have done, for staying by my side all this time, even in my darkest moments.

I know that everyone will be confused now. Despite my will to let my family lead the company, this wish was not possible due to all the previous events that I do not have to repeat. Therefore, with great hope for the future, I will leave my company in great hands. Between all of you, there is one person that I can truly trust with my inheritance.

Someone that I know will rule with an iron fist for a long time. But this person will also be humble, generous, and decisive; skills that the leader of this company needs. I have concluded that the most suitable person to lead my company, my fathers work; is Alison Hope. I wish her luck, and may God help you all find the right balance for the future and not to repeat my same mistakes.

With Kind Respect,

Gerald Montgomery"