✥Chapter 1

STONES OF GOLD OR BRONZE

          The iron bars in the cage that Amara among twenty others were put in, are heated from the sun to the point that none dared to touch. Even when the sun was going down and the world was welcoming another night. Amara sits by the iron bars in one of the corners. Her knees pulled against her chest and her chin buried in her knees. Her body shaking all over from fear and hunger that is trying to strike her down. Cries from people around her and in other cages are the only sounds her ears pick up.

Amara stays quiet and forces herself not to make any unnecessary sound, frightened that she might get punished for it. The chains around her hands that are only connected to themselves are becoming heavier with every hour that passes as her body is slowly starting to lose all its strength. For an hour and a half she has sat there and watches as the sun is going down. The once pale blue sky is now dark blue almost black but where the sun is going down many different shades of colors paint the sky with all its beauty.

The pink, yellow and orange colors are spectacular in her eyes and it doesn't matter how much Amara's eyes hurt by watching the sun, she cannot help but admire the colors themselves. The stars that sparkle in the night sky make the heat from the sun and sand disappear as it had never been there at all. Her Bronze eyes look straight up where night is and sees how the moon illuminates the world with its faint light and when it might not be as strong and powerful as its enemy, the moon still holds beauty on its own like the sun does.

Her stomach is cramping and twisting around in pure hunger, and she feels sick. As the hunger takes over her body she becomes dizzy and black dots dance across her mind's eye. The thirst is worse as her throat is on fire and her tongue is too dry to even be able to move around in her mouth. Swallowing burns her and the pain increases with each swallow that she makes. Closing her eyes, Amara allows the darkness to pull her into its arms and welcome her into the deep slumber as it consumes her whole.

•{✥}•{✥}•{✥}•

The bright light rays from the sun wake Amara up and mentally groans when she feels how sore her legs are and how much her whole body aches all over. It takes a couple of seconds for her to completely wake and by then most of the people in the cage are awake too. An unfamiliar man is walking alongside two Masters. The man wears the colors of the Royal Court which are Gold and Brown. Amara could only see that they were walking to this cage and fear travels to her bones as they draw near the cage that she is stuck in like an animal, with no way of getting out.

Her head looks down when they arrive near the door of the cage where the three men stop. She cannot hear what they say but can tell that the man that is with the Masters is of high status and holds himself above all else. Her Bronze eyes sneak a look at them but other than that she keeps her head down to become invisible in the crowd of people in the cage. The cage itself isn't that large nor is it small. All the people are able to fit there just not anymore and none can move that much in there.

Amara's ears pick up jingling sounds of keys and when her eyes look up to see the door being opened. "Stand up!" One of the Masters yells and in fear everyone begins to stand up. She has a hard time staying on her feet as they are shaking. Falling down on her knees once more she takes a hold of the iron bars that are shining hot from the sun that is ascending from its resting place. Biting down at her own tongue until she tastes the metallic taste of her own blood to stop herself from screaming.

The pain is so intense that it brings hot tears pricking into her eyes and once she's standing she holds into the bars for dear life. The palms of her hands stinging to the point that she is so numb that she can barely feel her hands themselves, only the pain. Amara doesn't stop the tears that run down her cheeks as this pain is too great but the punishment of disobedience is worse than anything she could ever imagine. It is a fate that she will do whatever it takes to get out of.