Chapter 1

"Ha, you really think a quirkless Deku like you could ever become a hero." "B-but Kacchan I thought we were gonna become heroes together?" "I wouldn't be caught dead with you."

   That was when I went numb. The abuse from both my 'parents' and my bully's finally got to me. Kacchan punched me in the gut, but I didn't feel it. I could no longer feel. Not pain, not emotion, just numb.

   I went back to my house, put my shoes away, and went to my room. But not before he beat me. When he was done I hopped back to my room and attempted to clean myself up.

   That's when I decided.

   I was going to run away. I packed up my things and tried to sneak out the window. Key word: 'tried'. I fell out the window, it wasn't a huge drop, but it was for a seven year old. When I came to my senses I looked around and saw the thing I was trying to avoid. My father.

   He was the pro hero 'Dragon' but he only did it for the fame and the money.

   "Someone trying to sneak out?" He was drunk and clearly didn't realize I wanted to run away. "Well I'll give you a little warning before you go." With that he pulled out a blade and slashed both my arms. He punched me in the gut which caused me to topple over. "Pathetic" he sneered at me before going back in the house.

   I then darted out of the back alley and ran. I ran wherever my legs would take me.

   I was limping in an alleyway, only seven years old. I had burns and bruises from both home and school all over my back. Because I was quirkless. I had slash marks all over my arms but I kept trying. Trying to run, trying to escape.

   And when I could run no further, I collapsed.