13. You're a genius Hatake

"So you're the Shinigami King huh?" Hatake said cheerfully, seemingly forgetting the humiliating tour I'd given him of the base a few months back.

We were taking our time going to the enemy camp, with a giant diamond box behind us, floating ominously in a slow bobbing motion. The thickness of the diamond made it so no one inside could see outside, while the basics of reflection and my knowledge of creating telescopes and microscopes made it possible for those outside to see what's inside.

It looked like a faded blue, glass, sparkly cube.

"That..is what they are calling me." I said flatly. This world already had a shinigami, and I was not so filled with hubris to claim that name for myself. Though I certainly felt no qualms about bringing back the dead. The shinigami was in charge of taking the souls to the afterlife, while I was simply stealing from him.

Though I truly enjoyed the moniker 'king', now if they could add something spectacular in front of it that had nothing to do with my complete disregard for the rules of life. Snake King? War King? Experimental King? Garden King?

"You know, I've been trying to see to you for a while now." Hatake smiled, as if I didn't know that he asked for an audience every other week.

"Stop talking Hatake, your voice is grating." I said as I looked forward blandly. I didn't have any interest in this conversation at all.

Hatake fell silent for a while as I thought about things I could do to get my name changed, or a new name. My mind dabbled with a few different ideas, but I had my hands in nearly every shinobi art available. I've yet to learn everything about the different aspects of shinobi life, but I was relatively decent in most of them.

It was unfortunate that I did not have talent for everything available, but I had pushed on despite the limits of my talent. Medical ninjutsu was one thing, attempting to manipulate my chakra to create kekkei genkai were another especially when the theory is sound. It should work, since creating diamond had worked perfectly. Taijutsu had been a difficult one to learn, with how hard I had needed to push myself to do the same kata each day. It took time, and muscle memory took time to build. And yet I had seen others take to taijutsu like a fish to water. As if their bodies had those muscles ingrained into them at birth. Anything to do with physical practice took far longer for me than it should for the average shinobi and I had had to work five times as hard to get everything as perfect as it is now.

Minato was one of the one's he'd seen with an unprecedented amount of talent. He took to everything I taught him as if it were nothing at all. Oh I understood how much effort he put in, he surely was a hard worker, but he worked fast. His body had been built for speed, stamina, and strength. Everything else came just as naturally.

I was born with a build like a snake. My body was fluid, thin, and quick in sharp bursts. However that left me low on stamina, with very little strength. I had excellent chakra control, which made for learning all kinds of ninjutsu easier than anything else in the world, as well as a mind that could think faster, and take in information with the clarity of something I'd never actually believed in. Photographic memory.

I certainly understood the reasons why I had such glaring deficiencies. My yang chakra was far lower than my yin chakra. Even if I worked my whole life to hone my body I would never have enough yang chakra to match my yin.

My mind began to look for solutions once more, and I suddenly wished dearly that we could be done with this farce of a war so I could return to my lab. I had ideas, so many ideas that I didn't want to leave hanging for the next two years.

Ten minutes later and my mind came up with a simple solution to my naming problem with the memory of an article I'd read in college.

Music.