CHAPTER 20: As You Need

It was exactly four weeks from the night they slow danced at the floating restaurant. And it was also the time the guys referred to – Friday, four weeks from that night.

"Babe, are you ready?" Sam shouted from outside Hannah's room. It was nearing 5 PM and they're headed to Aqua Beach in Cordova to spy on the trade.

Yup, Sam didn't drop the petname after that night. To be honest, Hannah did like it. But she was shy calling Sam 'babe'. And if she were to do it, she thought she'd only fall deeper for the girl. And she was afraid that her feelings might not be reciprocated.

Sam did show many signs that she liked Hannah too. Like when they'd go grocery shopping, she'd intertwine their hands while walking, and she'd kiss the girl good night on her forehead, and she'd open doors for her, and she'd cook for her, and she'd make her laugh when she misses her family everything. They'd been acting like a real couple for the past four weeks minus the intimate stuff.

Hannah has been hinting clues every now and then but she was just too afraid to assume.

"Yes Sam. Be there in a bit." Hannah replied.

"Four weeks, Hannah, and you still can't call me 'babe'." She heard Sam joke on the other side and it made her chuckle.

Hannah got out of the door. "Wow." Sam's jaw almost dropped. "Dead gorgeous, babe." Sam stated again, brought Hannah closer and held Hannah's left cheek with her right hand.

'Oh my god! What is she doing? Are we gonna kiss?' Hannah, on instinct, closed her eyes.

"Except for this one fallen eyelash." Sam stated and it made Hannah open her eyes.

'Shit. So embarrassing!' Hannah mentally slapped herself.

"Okay. You're cool to go." Sam stated as she checks Hannah's outfit again. Hannah was wearing a white above-the-knee dress and white Birkenstock sandals – they were going to the beach, afterall.

Hannah recovered herself and checked out Sam's outfit, too.

"Dead hot, as always." She said to Sam. She has been complimenting Sam for being too hot for the past four weeks. Sam just chuckled. She was wearing a black cropped tee, denim shorts and a black Adidas Adilette Comfort sandals.

"You're bringing a guitar?" Hannah asked when she noticed Sam was wearing her guitar case as a backpack.

"Why not? We're going to the beach afterall." Sam replied with a big smile.

Hannah didn't argue further and just gave the other girl a sweet smile and they both headed to the car, hand in hand.

~~

"Babe, we're here." Sam woke Hannah up.

"Hmm?"

"We're here. Wake up."

Hannah opened her eyes and was greeted with Sam's dark brown orbs. "Hi." Sam said.

Hannah smiled widely at the other girl. Sam got out of the car, went to the other side and opened the door for Hannah. Again, they walked hand in hand to the resort.

"Let's station near the casino so we could spy." Sam stated and earned a nod from Hannah.

"There Sam oh." Hannah pointed to a space near a coconut tree and they both went. They quickly ate their dinner in silence.

"Haaay." Sam sighed as they finished eating. She was lying on the sand.

Hannah just smiled at the other girl's action and got seated with her back leaning on the coconut tree. She pulled her book from the picnic basket they had brought and said, "Sam, come here." As she patted her thighs – telling Sam to lay her head there.