CHAPTER 19: Shall We Dance?

"Ladies and gentlemen, we've already started our descent procedure into Mactan-Cebu International Airport. We expect to land at 2:15 PM, 5 minutes before our scheduled time of arrival. If you want to adjust your watch, it is 2:05 PM in Cebu City now. The weather is sunny and the temperature is 28 degrees Celsius. We wish you a pleasant stay in the city and we hope to see you again very soon. On behalf of all our crew, thank you for choosing our company as your airline today."

Hannah gently opened her eyes as she heard the in-flight announcement.

'Hala? Why are we holding hands?' She adjusted to her seat from where she was leaning on. 'Hala? I fell asleep on her shoulder?'

She looked at Sam who was still quite asleep and then to their intertwined hands. 'Oh! The turbulence!' She remembered. They were riding a smaller plane - she was on the window seat and Sam was on the aisle seat. They encountered heavy turbulence halfway through the flight and it made her stomach hurt and being on the window seat only made it worse. She felt uneasy until Sam locked their hands to comfort her and offered her shoulder for Hannah to lean so she can relax.

'LOL. We totally look like lovers again.' Hannah blushed at her mental note, still looking at Sam and adoring the human aesthetic.

As if on cue, Sam shifted in her seat and gently opened her eyes and was directed to Hannah's stare.

"Hi." Sam greeted her with a groggy voice.

'Shit. Why is she always hot? How can I resist her throughout the length of our stay? I swear, I'm blushing so hard right now.'

"Are you feeling better? You look reddish." Sam brought her free hand to Hannah's face to check the girl, the other still locked in one of Hannah's hand.

'Shit.' Hannah cursed again. 'Sam, I do.' She mentally slapped herself.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks."

"Are you sure?"

'Should I say I love you na?' She mentally slapped herself again.

"Yes. Thank you very much." She smiled widely at Sam, the other girl reciprocated it.

Their plane landed on Gate 4 and the 'Fasten Seat Belt' sign was now turned off, signifying that they can

come out of the plane now. They let the other passengers move out first before finally standing up. Sam pulled her hands from Hannah's, stood up, and got their duffel bags from the cabin. It kinda disappointed Hannah that their hands were now apart, but she dismissed it anyway.

"Hello Cebu!" Hannah exhaled as she stepped out of the plane to the stairs for deplaning.

Sam chuckled at her. "Cute mo." She commented which made Hannah blush again.

'Aware ba s'ya na kinikilig na ako?' Hannah thought.

They proceeded to get their luggage and Sam's guitar and proceeded to the South Wing Drop Off of the airport where a black Toyota Fortuner, left by the agency, was waiting for them to use. Sam and Hannah placed their things at the trunk and Sam immediately went to the driver's seat – there was no way she was letting Hannah drive.

Hannah got the idea and proceeded to the passenger seat. They both headed to Lahug, Cebu City where they would be staying for the rest of the mission.

~~

"Cool!" Hannah exclaimed as they parked in a small two-storey modern house. It was simple and minimalist. The gates were painted black, the driveway was tiled in brown-black bricks, the small front yard was planted with Bermuda grass, and there were white and red roses planted on the edge. The house was crisp white with magic tinted fiber glass, and she noticed shades of blue at the back – it must be a mini swimming pool.