Zervis: Angels and Demons

This is an AU one just because :)

They all have their magic powers in this one too, fyi

Mavis' Pov

I walked down the hallways. They were all the same. White, elegant, regal, and above all, perfect. They were so boring. Being the princess, I should love them, but I didn't. I hated them. I'm pretty sure most of my friends agreed. Lucy, Levy, and their brothers Gray and Jellal felt the same way.

I sat down on the table we usually sit at for lunch, since we have to go to school and all. First Levy and Jellal sat down, then Gray and Lucy. "Hey guys. What's new?" I ask.

"Nothing really." Says Levy, and Jellal nods his head. There was this one girl who bothered Jellal rather often, and his energy was always really low because of it. He wasn't interested, but still she kept pestering him.

"Actually, I heard that the chemistry class's got hold of a Demon Horn." Whispered Lucy, and my eyes widened. A Demon Horn, Angel Feather, and the Broken Halo of a Fallen Angel. They can be mixed together, and thrown in a well to conjure a portal to the Underworld.

Gray broke up with his girlfriend that never paid attention to him, and she turned into a fallen angel to try and get him back. Gray froze her, and took her Halo. As for me, I'd take my own feather off for this. I wanted to go see what the Underworld was like, and so did my friends.

"So how're we going to get it?" I asked. "I'll distract the teacher so that Levy can get it, if that's okay with her." Said Lucy. Levy nodded in approval. "It's settled. We'll meet at the Kōsai fountain at midnight. Make sure to have everything we need." Whispered Jellal excitedly.

I walked back to the library.

This is going to be exciting, I thought.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll find something worthwhile in the Underworld. Something to make us all stay.

And I was right.

•Midnight•

I sat down on the bench, with Jellal and Gray on the tree above me. "Mavis, d'you think that we'll find something to make us stay?" Asks Gray, staring into the moon. "You gotta be more specific. You mean like a pet or something?" Laughs Jellal, and I roll my eyes. "You baka, he meant like love."

Jellal has always had some weird clairvoyance going on his head. He had predicted a lot of things happening, and they more often then not came true. "Well I'll tell you this, I think that we'll all find at least one person for us, one reason to stay. They'll be the first person to try to interact to us." He mused, finger on his chin.

"Hey guys, we got the stuff!" Chorused Lucy and Levy, holding a bag each. "Are we ready for this?" I asked, looking for any signs or regret. There were none.

Levy dumped the contents of her bag into the fountain, and Lucy dumped hers. Preparing myself for the pain, I inhaled. I then ripped off one of my feathers and threw it into the fountain. I had about a minute till my body shut down for a couple of minutes to create a new feather.

The portal opened, and a beam of white light shot up. First Levy and Jellal jumped into the portal, and then Gray and Lucy. After them, the portal began to shrink and I hurled myself through.

•x•

The portal spit me out and I was caught by Lucy. I thanked her, and she smiled as if to say, no problem sis. I mean, she was practically my sister. I pretty much adopted her and her brother as my own siblings. From the looks of it, we had landed in the Prince of Demons' palace.

"Woooooahhh! I read about this! It's so cool!" Exclaimed Levy, mouth agape at the tall intimidating crimson pillars that held up an equally intimidating black roof. There were golden vine looking things running and spiraling up the pillar, connected to a single gold tile in the center of the ceiling.

"Speak, Angels. Why have you come here?" Said a pink haired, angry looking guy. I was considering sizing him up and fighting him or something, and it looks like Lucy was doing the same. She opened her mouth to say something, then a black haired guy held a hand up, as if to say, stop.

"Natsu, stop terrifying the newcomers." He said, and rolled his eyes. "Hi, sorry, I'm Prince Zeref, Lord of Darkness, so on. This is my brother, Prince Natsu. We're the Dragneel brothers." The pink haired one frowned, and whispered something like, "You're no fun, Nee-san."

"Excuse me, Your Majesty Zeref Dragneel, may I say something to you brother?" said Lucy angrily. Uh oh, I thought. Lucy's never been one to like pranks. "Sure, go right ahead." Said the black haired Dragneel, looking very bored.

Lucy stomped up the stairs to the brother's thrones, and pulled the pink haired brother out of his seat by the ear. "Don't pull pranks, it's rude." The other prince's eyes widened a little bit, and I figured that was my cue to explain.

While Lucy was yelling at him, I danced up to the throne and explained, laughing a bit, "She doesn't like pranksters, Zeref-kun. My apologies." He laughed, a joyful sound that seemed to be one of the few sources  of joy. And from the looks of it, him laughing was pretty rare.

I turned to my friends. They were all talking to the guards, which seemed relatively friendly. There was a red haired woman talking to Jellal, a man with long black hair and lots of piercings laughing with Levy, and a blue haired woman (whose eyes seemed to have hearts in them when they looked at Gray. Was that normal?)

It seems like we had all found our reasons to stay.

Star~chan