Chapter 6

Y/n's POV
"How could you? After I shared my pain with you?", Dracula whispered.
I felt a pang of guilt and tried to avoid eye contact with him.

"Dad, relax. It was just a kiss," Marcus said.
"You're not allowed to kiss!", Dracula yelled.
"Dad, I'm allowed to do things. I'm not 83, anymore. I'm allowed to like people and go see the world."
"WHAT?! You saw it, you said you didn't like it!"

While Dracula and Marcus fought, I felt a tug on my arm. I turned and saw Johnny nodding towards the door. I held onto his wrist as he guided me through the paused crowd.

When we almost reached the doors, the hunchback I saw earlier was wheeled in with a finger up his nose. Johnny gripped his hair and we mentally freaked out as the stupid hunchback tried to expose us. His rat messed up Johnny's face paint and as it almost messed my makeup, I grabbed its tail and threw it across the room.

" 'Behold zee humans.' He has a French accent," The Fly translated.
Everyone stared and soon began to run around, panicking. I saw Marcus walk across the room to me. I took off his necklace, thinking he might want it back, but instead he hugged me.

"I don't care what you are. I still wanna be with you," he whispered.
I was going to hug him back, when I saw Dracula. His melancholy face made me fill up with so much regret and I knew what I had to do.

"You make me sick," I said shoving him off me.
"What?", Marcus asked.
"Did you actually think I could fall for someone like you? You were an experiment. And a failed one at that. Turns out, vampires aren't my thing," I lied, crossing my arms.

Marcus looked confused and he shook his head. "I don't believe you. You weren't like this, earlier."

'At least, he isn't buying it. Maybe, he'll catch on.'

"Don't you get it?! Y/n doesn't want you! Know what? I hate monsters and I hate you," Johnny lied. He grabbed me by my shoulders, and we left.

'Nevermind...'

I looked one last time at Marcus, before leaving while Johnny scared the sand out of Murray.
From the other side of the door, we heard Marcus shout at Dracula.

Marcus' POV
Once the love of my life was gone, I shouted at my dad, "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

I zoomed up to my room and slammed the door. As I went to go sit on my bed, there was a small package from...Mom? It was a short book about how she and Dad met and fell in love.

One look and they knew they were meant for each other. I thought that's how it was with
Y/n, but I guess, it was just me. It didn't matter now. Zings are lies and so is love.

(A/n): Angsty boi lmao

• • •

Y/n's POV
I laid my head over Johnny's as he accidentally fell asleep on my shoulder. I know I shouldn't have, but I kept Marcus' necklace he gave me. I just needed something of him to hold on to. Life without him already seems empty.

Just as I happened to face the window, I saw a bat trying to talk.
"Dracula?", I quietly asked.
Johnny shot up from his sleep, due to his mountain climbing PTSD, and looked out the window with me.

Dracula mouthed some other things we couldn't understand. He made his way to the front and Johnny and I got up to go see what the Count was going to do.

"Attention all passengers, while we hear a message for my dear friends, Jonathan and
Y/n. I was wrong to restrain Marcus from growing up and finding his true love."

I mentally gagged at that cheesy statement, but continued to listen.
"You only zing once in your life," Drac finished.

I smiled and Dracula added, "We're now circling back."
Everyone on the plane groaned, while Johnny hugged me.

• • •

Marcus' POV
I sat on my bed, thinking how my life could've been with Y/n and suddenly heard my window crash open. When the smoke cleared, Dad appeared with burnt holes in his cape and burn marks on his face.

"Dad?"
"I'm fine, Marcus. Just a little sunburned."
Still, I looked at him, worried.
He walked towards me and said, "If you want to go see the world, see the world. If you want to fall in love...fall in love."

I turned away from him.
"I don't think that's even possible, anymore," I muttered.

"You know, your mother got to give her present, but I didn't get you anything."
I looked back at him and saw a big, bright pink backpack. Similar to the one Johnny had.
"It comes with an accessory," Dad added and turned it around to Y/n with her knees tucked up to her chest. She put her legs down and took a big breath.

"I have no upper body strength. Should've done that summer workout with my friends," she wheezed, stretching.
"You?"

She smiled at me and waved. "Hiya."
"Why did you come back?"
"One, ouch. Two, I think you know why."

Y/n walked a bit closer to me and for second, I thought she was actually being serious.
"You said you hate monsters," I protested.
"Actually, Johnny said that. And those were all lies, because your dad would've drank our blood if we stayed."

I narrowed my eyes at Dad and he tried to hide behind his cape.
"While I'm snitching, there's a lot of threats your dad made to Johnny and I. Mostly to Johnny."
Dad disappeared out of the room in a flash and Y/n and I laughed.

"Hey...I'm sorry about the things I said. Johnny and I didn't mean it," Y/n said.
"You were very convincing."
She chuckled and said, "Years of watching romantic-comedies. I really do care about you, Marcus."

She looked down in guilt and balled her hands into fists.
"I can't take back the horrible things I said, but I will do everything I can to make you believe that I didn't mean it. Because, I didn't," Y/n said, before looking up at me.
"And if you want to hate me, you can. But, you need to know that you don't make me sick, you make me vulnerable and happy. You weren't just an experiment, we were meant to come into each other's lives," she said in a shaky voice, "Marcus, I don't hate you. I love you so much, in ways I didn't think were possible. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I never want to make you feel like this again."

I gazed down at her with tears threatening to spill, as she stared down at her fingers.

"I believe you have a gift of mine?", I asked.
Hesitantly, Y/n reached into her pocket and pulled out the silver necklace I gave her.
"You can have it back if you want," she softly said, trying not to cry.

I gently turned her from me and put the chain around her neck, again.
"You're my zing," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her waist.
"What does zing mean?", Y/n quietly asked.
She faced me and I kissed her.

Y/n's POV
As Marcus kissed me, I heard a loud familiar voice.
"Awwww! That's so sweet!"
I pulled away and said, "Excuse me, while I go kill my best friend."

I gave Johnny my murder face and stalked towards him.
"Johnny!"

• • •