He never thought it was possible to fall any further in love with Yue, but boy was he wrong. He was floored once again the moment he saw her walking to towards him looking so ethereal in that off-shoulder white dress. 

He couldn't stop his tears. There was no way that heaven had sent him a fallen angel.

His 'crying groom face' was still the talk of the town. Brides-to-be around the country had his reaction as a standard now for how grooms should be when seeing their brides.

He was also glad he made it through his vows, though his voice broke many many times. 

"...Shen Yue, I promise to love you more and more everyday. I will love you on our best days, more so on our worst days. And I promise to always choose you, adore you and to help you reach your dreams as they are also mine..."

He had meant every word of it and he was proud that despite all the challenges they have had so far, his determination to keep his promises still felt the same— maybe even stronger.

He could remember the way Yue had squeezed his fingers while saying hers, the tenderness in her eyes as she promised to love him more.

"My Wang He Di, heaven knows that there is nothing I want more than to grow old with you, learn with you, to get to know and love you more. I promise to always listen to you, cheer for you, be your best friend and the best wife you deserve. I vow today to take every single moment given to us as a chance to make you feel the love that you have shown me all these years and more..."

Yue had always been an amazing girlfriend. Her patience for him despite everything that they had been through alone spoke a lot about her. But he learned that being married to her was a familiar and different, more exciting discovery altogether. He has enjoyed these past few months of being her husband and it was an absolute joy falling in love with her all over again everyday. Because just as she had promised him, she really was serious about claiming that best wife title.

And he was beyond the stars lucky that she was his wife.

There was never a day that went by that we wasn't humbled and grateful that she had chosen to love him in this life.

He picked up the Shen Yue doll, placed it on his make shift desk and whipped out his phone to type a quick response to Yue.

'Hi my love, got the adorable mini Yue. Thank you for the much needed inspiration. I want to hug the real one though. Don't worry, I am eating well. I promise. Hell yes, that Fu Qi Fei Pian ala Wang Yue sounds FANTASTIC. I will definitely be home tonight. I can't wait to see you, my lao po. I love you always!'

After pressing send, he kept his phone in his pocket and cleaned up his area to get ready. He didn't even need that tall glass of coffee to keep him energized anymore. He was full recharged and ready to take on the day ahead, very much looking forward to coming home to Yue.

__________________________________________________

The elevator doors slid open and Dylan headed to their corner unit at the end of the hall. He fished for his keys with one hand while checking to make sure the bouquet of fresh yellow dahlias on his other hand was still intact.