20 - Glow

"And in her smile I see something more beautiful than the stars." - Anonymous

~~~

Excitement.

The air around her was full of it. It filled her lungs, her heart and her spirit that Yue didn't know what to do with herself.

She had been ready two hours too early and she now regretted it. She had an hour more to wait for Dylan and nothing left to do. It seemed like there were ants in her pants and she couldn't get herself to stay put.

"Yue Yue. Can you please sit down I'm getting dizzy!?" JiaQi whined on the phone.

Yue stopped midstep and steadied her phone.

"I'm sorry. I can't seem to keep still." Yue apologized with a laugh. She gave her best friend on the screen a peace sign with a matching guilty smile.

"Why are you even pacing around in your room like crazy? Relax, Yue Yue. You look drop dead gorgeous. I'm 100% sure Didi wouldn't know how to scrape his jaw off the floor."

"Stop it, JiaQi! That is not true."

"I'm serious! You know he is head over heels in love with you. This look will definitely blow his mind."

"Well then he better be ready!" Yue chuckled and blushed. It was more like she was head over heels in love with him and she didn't want to look stupid gawking at him when he arrived.

"What I am ready for is you two finally coming out to the public."

"I know. Somehow part of me still can't believe today has finally come! Is this a dream?" Yue playfully slapped her own face.

Today was the big day. The day they were all waiting for. That ticket to freedom right in their hands as they would be allowed to FINALLY admit their relationship to everyone at the Meteor Garden presscon.

She was so prepared for today. She was excited for today. Today couldn't come any sooner!

She had only been apart from Dylan two days but it already felt like eternity to her.

She was too restless at this point, she couldn't wait anymore.

"Yue Yue! You have to tell me everything later okay? Show me all the photos! XiZe is being a bitch and doesn't want to tell me what Dylan had prepared for you today. He doesn't trust that I can keep it a secret from you."

Yue laughed again. "Of course you can't keep it a secret from me! You're my best friend, you are supposed to tell me!"

"You do know Dylan is probably going to go all out on this, right? He has been waiting a long time!"

"I know. I'm getting so much butterflies in my stomach. He will hear it from me if he does go overboard." she warned.

"Let him be! I'm all for it at this point! This is the revelation of the century!!!" JiaQi exclaimed.

Hmm.

At least for them it will be.

"I just want to see him already, JiaQi!" she eagerly declared to her best friend.

"And I am excited for him to spoil you!!!"

Yue sighed and looked at her best friend with a dreamy expression on her face.

She really wouldn't mind anything Dylan did at this point.

All she needed was him and everything else wouldn't even matter.