2 - Moonlight

"Only when it is dark enough can you see the stars" 

– Martin Luther King Jr.

~~~

"I think I made a mistake." Yue immediately muttered when Xiao Wen answered the phone.

It was midnight and she had just gotten home from the final filming of her new movie. Her whole body ached from endless hours of strenuous work during the shoot yet she was sitting at the edge of her bed all alert, biting her pinky nail, anxious and jittery.

"Uhh...Hello to you too. What are we talking about exactly?" Xiao Wen asked unsure what this midnight call was about.

"WhydidIsayyestoJinHu?" Yue word vomited.

Xiao Wen sighed.

"Yue, breathe. You just told me the other day that you were sure about this?"

"It's just that, it's too soon right?" Yue tried to squeeze out more assurance from her best friend.

"You've been single for almost 2 years now, Yue. I don't think so."

"I know, I know! But am I doing the right thing? Is this right?"

"Is it because you're entering into another high profile relationship?" Xiao Wen asked.

"Xiao Wen, we're not in a relationship yet! Ugh, I don't know what I'm doing anymore!" Yue said, covering her eyes.

Lee Jin Hu was, like Shen Yue, one of their generation's biggest stars. This actor slash model was also armed with a pretty face, killer charisma and top acting chops which of course brought him to super stardom. 

"You're just going to date him, Shen Yue. It's not like you're marrying him. That's a totally different thing."

"I know! I know!"

"Don't you like him?"

"Jin? Y-yes!" she stammered back.

She knew she did. He was definitely handsome. He made her heart flutter. He was a nice guy and most importantly he was there for her this past year.

Yue met Jin Hu years ago at one variety show they both were guests on, but it wasn't until the filming of their drama last year that they really became friends. They weren't paired together for the story but they got to hang out a lot because their characters were always in the same scenes.

He was patient with her and he made her laugh. Yue was surprised at how comfortable she was with him right away. They got along so well that rumors of them dating circulated immediately.

But he really never rushed her or forced her and she really appreciated that.

He was there during her lowest points and he helped her get back up from her break up with Dylan.

Dylan Wang.

It has been a while since she thought of him.

When she hung out with Jin, he helped her forget about him and what happened to them. But now that he officially asked her out and was showing more affection towards her, thoughts of Dylan came rushing back constantly.

"Why do you sound like you're cheating on Dylan when you guys haven't been together for a year and a half, let alone talk to each other at all?" Xiao Wen scolded her like she knew Yue was thinking about him again.