22 - Glare (!)

Beijing – The Dior Global Event

Dylan was starting to get annoyed.

He pressed the power button of his phone for the nth time and shoved it in his pocket.

Random messages have been pestering him since this afternoon.

He regretted opening the first one he received from an anonymous number. It was a photo of Yue he had never seen. It was her usual get up if she had to be out in public, glasses and mask on. It was probably taken today when she was on the way to her set for the photoshoot.

Dylan had his share of haters over the years, especially those who questioned him and Yue from the start so he was not surprised that they have mushroomed out of nowhere again now that they were back together. Back when they were hiding, hate from everywhere came out no matter how silent they were about being a couple or not. The haters eventually got tired of wasting their time. After all, they never heard a word from him or Yue.

But this time it was different. The attack was more personal. And it seemed quite stalkery considering it might be an actual real time photo of Yue.

Plus the mention of Jin? Them accusing Yue? If they were aiming to get his attention, they succeeded there.

Of course it would pique his interest, especially now that he was miles away from Yue. She still hadn't responded to his earlier messages so he knew she was still working and he did not want to prod her again. But he was now itching to call her, ask her if she was alright because he was sure that if they spent this much effort trying to get his attention, they were surely bugging her as well.

Dylan knew at the back of his mind that he shouldn't fall for these baseless messages. It was obviously a ploy of his resurrected haters and the apparently hardcore Jin fans, so he was trying his darn best to behave and ignore all of this.

"Are you okay?" a concerned voice startled Dylan, bringing him back to the event.

Yang Yang, a fellow Dior endorser and friend, elbowed a visibly disturbed Dylan. They were currently lined up with the other artists to be presented once again to the crowd. They we all dressed up, clad in another set of the latest Dior formal wear.

"I'm okay, ge." he replied with a sheepish smile.

"You suddenly got all quiet there. I'm not used to this kind of Wang He Di." Yang Yang joked, earning a chuckle from Dylan.

"I'm just saving up my voice for all the interviews later. Thanks, ge." he tried giving an excuse.

"Well, just another day in the job, right? How many times have they already asked you about you and Yue being together?"

"That one I won't mind answering at all, ge. They can ask me that a hundred times." Dylan said proudly.

One of the ushers of the event politely called out Yang Yang's name so the two men had to cut their conversation.

As Yang Yang walked out to the red carpet, Dylan tried to re-center his thoughts and straightened out his clothes. He felt another round of vibration coming from his pocket but shook off the urge to check once again. He was thankful the usher came back to lead him to his marker because if left alone again, he might just give in and look.

He put on a smile and took a deep breath before he stepped out on the red carpet next, waving politely to the media, the press and the small group of fans allowed in the venue.

He paraded the all black crisp ensemble he wore today, underneath the knee length coat he had on. A thousand flashes blinded him as they tried to capture him in every angle.