Epilogue

"You are my sun, my moon, and all of my stars." - E. E. Cummings

~~~

"He Di Lao Shi, this arrived for you."

A few light knocks on the door and a second later, the staff repeated herself.

"He Di Lao Shi?"

"Hmm?"

Dylan turned his head around to see one of his staff peeking from the door and apologized. He had a tendency of being absolutely oblivious to the world around him when he got in the zone and deep in thought on his director's chair.

"Thank you, Jai. Could you get me another cup of iced Americano if you're passing this way again, please?" he asked politely as he received the package she handed him.

When he was alone again, Dylan studied the rectangular package covered in plain brown manila paper. It had a sticker labelled "WANG HE DI" placed on the packaging fold, but no name from the sender or address.

He wondered what this could be. He hadn't ordered anything from Taobao recently. And if ever he did, he wouldn't have had it shipped to the set location.

He gently ripped open the wrapper and found a white rectangular box inside. Lifting the cover, a cute hand sized doll resembling Shen Yue greeted him. It had big brown almond eyes, flushed cheeks and jet black hair up to its shoulders and had on bright yellow dress.

He chuckled. A spitting doll image of his cute wife. There was even a purple embroidered heart on her chest with Dylan's initials.

Beside the doll, there was room for one more doll but in its place was yellow envelope instead. A smile immediately appeared on his face when he saw it. He didn't even need to check the handwriting to know who it was from.

My dearest老公 (lao gong),

Somebody gifted us with these adorable knit dolls of the two of us. Sent you mini me to keep you company at the set. Isn't mini me pretty?? I have mini you here with me, don't worry. Hugging him first while I wait for the real one to come home.

I know you're working hard but please don't starve yourself, okay? Bribed Jai to send you food and coffee once in a while. Jia you, my love! I'm excited to see you shine again. This new film will definitely be a hit!

By the way, Mama also sent over some fresh Sichuan peppers! I was wondering if you wanted to try my version of our Fu Qi Fei Pian (ala Chef Didi). I wanted to brag to my personal chef about my improved cooking skills. Date on the rooftop when you get home?

I love you always!

Your老婆 (lao po)

"Your wife."

He could hear her voice in his head saying it in that adorable manner she can only do.

After almost a year of being married to each other, Shen Yue still felt giddy about being called a wife now. And to Dylan's surprise, she wasn't at all shy about admitting this.

Everyone had told them that they had been together for such a long time and had already started living together before their wedding, so saying their "I do's" would just really just be formalizing everything.

But it really wasn't the case for both of them. To them it felt like the beginning of the most beautiful chapter of their lives together.

Dylan could clearly remember how fast his heart raced just before the doors opened. XiZe had to practically hold in him place from the excitement.