8 - Streak

Three things cannot be long hidden, the sun, the moon and the truth – Buddha

~~~

"Well, will you look at that..." XiZe whispered to Kang and Kuan as they watched their two friends who were currently immersed in an intense round of their infamous hand battle right in front of them.

Both had their eyes locked on each other, focused on psyching the other out.

Dylan flicked his wrist ever so slightly making Yue squeal and hesitate, giving way for him to successfully smack her hand.

"WANG HE DI!" Yue exclaimed swatting his hand away as Dylan reeled in laughter.

Yue had just lost another round. They had been at it for the last few minutes, alienating everyone on the set again like they used to do.

Kuan and XiZe had just arrived but Dylan and Yue seemed oblivious to this as they kept going. It was as if F3 were not in the room.

They were currently in the DaoMing mansion set waiting for the crew to adjust the lights. They were to shoot a dinner scene where Lei finally tells the group that he will introduce his new girlfriend to them.

"I told you so." Kang whispered.

XiZe offered his hand for a high five as Dylan and Yue began another round.

Kuan was just beaming at his friends.

"Where is all this coming from?" XiZe asked still not believing how fast things were going back to normal.

"They must have talked and agreed on something." Kang said. "They seem too...normal."

"Just like that?!" XiZe asked.

"Just like that." Kuan said knowingly with a snap.

"YUE YUE." someone screamed on the microphone making Yue jump and turn towards the sound.

"Yue-jie, kindly proceed to the changing room. You have the wrong dress on." The crew continued to point out.

"Oh, okay. I'll be back." Yue said as she withdrew her hand on top of Dylan's hand, gave a small smile to the four boys and scurried towards the tents.

When Yue was out of earshot, the three boys surrounded their friend. "Nice one, Di." XiZe said.

"What?" Dylan reacted seeing how the three were looking at him.

"That was mighty comfortable for two... friends, Di." Kang said, emphasizing friends with quote fingers.

"Bro, I know it worked the first time but isn't your game getting too old now? We all know this is just an excuse to hold her hand." XiZe teased his best friend.

"Shut up, man! It's nothing like that." Dylan said. "This time we're just friends. We made that clear already."

"Oh, okay." Kuan answered nonchalantly, obviously not convinced.

"Really!" Dylan said seriously.

"Really? That's okay with you?" Kang clapped his back.

"Yes." he answered stiffly.

"Really, really? Like swear on our friendship and good fortune for the rest of your life really?" XiZe folded his arms and raised his brows.

"Aiyoo...Well, no." he said in frustration.

"Ha! It finally came out!" XiZe said with a clap.

"But I have to be okay with it. If that's all I can get, then I have to be fine with it." Dylan continued.