Approaching the pair she had to master up a smile that didn't look fake. "Dinyeo hi", she said completely mispronouncing her name. Dineo had been used to people doing that and she was honestly ok with it, it was an unusual name – at least to nonblack people, but she needed a reason to hate the girl and she decided that would be it, "it's Dee-na-yo", Siya said surprising both girls. A nice gesture at most but it meant more to Dineo than it probably should have, she could feel her insides tingling from the butterflies that were clearly as excited as she was. Was he finally noticing her?

"Oh, Dineo... I'm so sorry", she said, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "It's ok", she lied. "Yea, you couldn't have known", added Siya. Dineo ignored her heart dropping to the floor. It was ok, he was gonna be hers soon enough.

The group of friends had almost finished setting up when Bongi and Ramsey decided to show up. Typical. What was also typical was the brunette beauty that was trailing behind them. It must have been Bongi's latest victim, poor girl.

Preshani had insisted on helping Mike on the dj booth even though she didn't really know what to do. That was the least she could do after acting a fool in front of the handsome boy.

She had always been the good girl, followed all the rules and always did what was expected of her. She was always in control. Except when it came to the boy in front of her. Out of all the boys in the world why would he be the one giving her butterflies? The one boy her parents would never approve of. Oh she was in trouble.

Michelangelo Bedford, or Mike as he was known, had met the group of friends through campus parties. He was the best dj at UCT so it was only fitting that they hired him to be on the decks for the evening. As one could imagine, being the best dj on campus came with a lot of popularity. He wasn't bad to look at either so it wasn't a surprise that girls threw themselves at him. That of course had also been the reason he had become so close with Connor, Nathan and Tyrone. They certainly had one thing in common, their love for girls.
Preshani knew it had been a stretch to even like someone like him but she couldn't help her heart. It wanted what it wanted.

People had started arriving at that point as the group was finishing up. Mariska and Tyrone had decided to join the group too after whatever had happened with them.

The sounds of Future's Low life bursted through the speakers as the teenagers swayed their bodies to the rhythm. Alcohol beverages had been more than enough so everyone had already helped themselves. It was going to be a great night.

The pool area had started to also fill as Ashley, Dineo, Preshani, Mariska, Bongi and the girl she came with - who the girls learned her name was Stacy, made their way towards the rest of the crew. The boys were surrounded by their other campus friends and of course, a bunch of girls who must've been invited by Connor. Connor who was having the time of his life with two girls on his lap and another one hovering over him. That sadly felt too normal.

Siya had been chatting away with Nathan and Tyrone when Dineo decided to join them. "Hey Dee", Tyrone had greeted. Dineo replied with a smile then nodded at Nathan who nodded back at her. The two boys had known of the feelings Dineo had for Siya since they were all in middle school. They felt bad they couldn't say the same for Siya. He was completely oblivious. As she was making small talk with the boys, Ashley decided to show up. She hugged both Nathan and Tyrone then joined them in conversation. Although Dineo felt Ashley was always begging for Siya's attention, she couldn't help but notice he always gave it to her. He always listened to her. It didn't take a genius to know that he liked her. Her heart felt heavy with the realization. What was wrong with her?

"So how did that math test go Siya?", Dineo asked referring to the test he had to write in a few days but hadn't studied. He had been so desperate that he decided to ask Dineo to give him a quick tutoring lesson, or as he called it, 'a short cut to passing the test'. "I'll be lucky to get an average grade to be honest, old man's going to kill me", he said earning chuckles from his peers. They all knew Mr Nkosi. The man was scary.