Chapter 8: Snug as a bug

TXT out there giving us heavenly covers let me live pls-

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"You're quite the charmer," The woman who he now knows as Hyerim muses, and Jeongguk hides a smug smile but drops it instantly once he hears what she says next. "Although I'd prefer the stuttering, adorable mess of a boy earlier."

Remembering their first conversation made him cringe at himself. He was supposed to cool, unbothered and chic in front of other people. But then one mishap led to another and look at him now, changing between a comfortable, casual human to a malfunctioning, machine error.

"So, Hyerim-ssi, what made you come here?" He changes the topic in what he hopes in a smooth manner. "You said that I was new here so I assume that you've been here a couple of times now?"

She stares at the milky foam of her drink and grabs the cup with both hands. "I consider this café as one of my hiding places. Whenever I get stressed out or want to go away from all the limelight, I go here. It's a nice place, and I'm even close with one of the staff here. She's a nice person." Then, she pauses before looking at him shyly, "I'm talking too much, aren't I?"

"I don't mind." Jeongguk voices out. Hyerim looks taken aback at his honesty and he clears his throat. "I like listening to other people."

Okay, that was a flat out lie and he knows it.
Jeongguk hates it when other people babbles continuously without break. One time, his Jimin hyung was complaining that he was hungry and kept talking about it over and over again. And he wanted nothing more but to shove chicken up his throat to make him stop. It was a success, but he got a huge bruise in the process.

It hurts, but it was worth the pain.

"Really?" He nods slowly, and she beams at him.

"You should drink your coffee now, wouldn't want the cashier to remind you again." He chuckles at her darting eyes and reddened ears.

"Want to bring down our masks at the same time?"

What a kid.

"Sure."

With his confirmation, she takes a deep breath before lowering down her mask that was covering most of her small face. The hand that was hovering over his stops and--

His breath hitches.

Because of his job, they were constantly on the move. They've visited award shows that allows them to meet celebrities they see on news and magazines. The girls he's seen are pretty, some of them making him do a double take. But never did he have a crush at any one of them, he wasn't interested. And like every other person, he has his types.

But she, she was absolutely gorgeous.

He gulps.

"H-Hey! You didn't bring down your mask!" She complains, and he mentally curses at himself for being distracted. She was just another one of the many faces he'll encounter later on, nothing more and nothing less. With that in mind, he secretly composes himself.

"Okay, okay..." Jeongguk gently brings down his mask, and he raises an amused brow as he notices her awestricken face. "Like what you see, Hyerim-ssi?"