Chapter 6: The Unlucky Bean

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

You're tired.

You wanted to run more, but your legs wanted to collapse any moment now. And just like any other decent human being, you decided to stop over to a café that you've been close with for years.

The wooden covered storefront appears in front of your eyes, and you trudge inside. Immediately, a cool and relaxing atmosphere greets your body. You sigh in content and check if your usual spot was taken. Fortunately, it wasn't. Not only does it gives you more privacy, as it wasn't the place where people decided to sit at, it also gives you a nice window view of the people walking past by.

Opening the shoulder bag that you brought with you, you let out a little 'aha!' as you grab a black disposable mask and wear it on your face. Although this place isn't popular, you still need to take precautions.

"I miss Yoojungie," You whisper to yourself, remembering the petite cashier who you became friends with after she mistakenly gives you the wrong drink. You didn't mind, though, and told her to drink it instead, while requesting another one once more. She thanks you, and starting from there, she asks you random questions as she orders and gives you the coffee you ordered.

With time, you got used to her personality. You even start up the conversation from time to time. She was nice, and you can tell that she was really genuine to you. Schedules got away and you slowly drifted apart from the café. It's been a few months since you last visited, and you hope that she didn't forget you.

Lady Luck wasn't on your side today, because an unfamiliar figure took over the spot that she used to take before. But the stranger looks at you, and you blatantly stare at him.

He was...wow...

"Good Morning miss and welcome to The Honest Bean, may I take your order?" The cashier sweetly says, his rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes staring into yours and you snap back into reality.

You clear your throat, embarassed that you were checking him out and staring off again, and look away. "I'll take a Caramel Macchiato please," and you too.

"Anything more, miss? Our special today is a-" You nod quickly, at he tilts his head in confusion, "-is that a yes? or a no...?"

"Yeah!" You cringe at yourself for raising your voice and shrink back at your seat, looking at anything but him. "Yeah, I'll order the special."

He grins cutely, and you feel your ears burning. "So 1 caramel macchiato and 1 Rose Tartlet coming up. Your name, please?"

You gulp. You really want to give him your name, Park Hyerim. But you were cautious, and even though the boy is an eye-candy, you were in a situation where you can't let anyone get to know anything more about you. You glance around, trying to find a cover-up name, and your eyes wander to a miniature rabbit toy. "Bunny."

"Bunny?" He questions, and he nods a little. "Ah, a cover-up?"

"How did you-"

"There was I time where I had to use them, too." He winks, and you stared in wide-eyed wonder. "That'll be 30,000 won."

"Oh." You utter, amazed at the man as you pay him. Thinking about it, it wasn't a surprise, his looks look like they were made for the job. Afterwards, he gestures you to go to a table and wait for your order. You gave him a small smile before going to the corner.