Nine

-Kaminari-

I barely managed to dodge the plate that was thrown at me and felt the spray of shards of glass slice my skin open. "Get out, you stupid brat!" My mother yelled, poised to throw another plate at me. "I said get out!"

I ducked, hearing the plate fly past me. I ran out the front door, still hearing my mother shrieking insults at me as I walked away from my house. I tried to blink away the tears in my eyes that threatened to fall. I didn't want to cry in public. I kept walking, unsure of where to go, or if I even wanted to go anywhere.
"Good afternoon, young Kaminari!" I looked up at All Might.

"Hello, All might." I wished he would go away.

"You appear to be sad, where are you going?" He walked with me.

I quickly thought about my options. Lie and come up with something or tell the truth and risk getting my parents into trouble. "I'm going to L/N's house."

"L/N isn't at her home, though," The hero said, glancing around, probably scanning the area for any troubles. 

"How do you know?" 

"I just dropped her at the police station, they want to question her about an incident she was in."

"Is she okay?!" I asked, my eyes widening. 

"Oh yes, she's quite alright, the police just suspect that she might have valuable information. Stop, thief!" He took off down the street, having spotted a man breaking into a car.

I sighed, turning around and walking away from the number one hero doing his thing. I headed towards the mall, planning to hang around there for a bit before I got bored enough to go home and get screamed at more. The second I got to the mall, I headed to my favourite cafe. I ordered my usual chocolate milkshake and sipped at it as I wandered around the mall. "Kaminari!" I looked around and saw Mina bounce up to me. "What are you doing here?" She asked, a big smile on her pink face. 

"I felt like getting a milkshake, what about you? why are you here?" 

"Oh, I'm just waiting for the girls to arrive. We're having a girls day. You wanna join~?" She asked playfully. 

I laughed. "Nah, Mina, have fun with the girls." I nodded towards the group of girls coming over to us. 

"Hello, Kaminari!" Uraraka said, waving at me. I waved back with the hand that wasn't holding my milkshake. 

"I'll leave. Have fun!" I said, walking away from the group. "L/N!" I grinned for some reason, seeing L/N standing beside a big pot plant, glancing around with a smirk on her beautiful face. 

L/N looked up at me, a big smile coming across her face. "Kam!" She rushed over, hugging me for a few seconds, then suddenly letting go, stepping back to give me space. "What are you doing here?"

"Just wanted a milkshake, what about you?"

"Just doing some vill- Just hanging around!" She looked away from me quickly. 

"Um... Okay... Are you busy?" I asked, a little confused at what she had stopped herself from saying. 

"Oh! No. Did you want to hang out?" She looked back at me, her eyes shining. 

I felt my good mood increase. "Yeah, sure!" She smiled, glancing around again. 

"What do you wanna do?" She asked, smiling up at me. Her smile made that weird fluttery feeling in my stomach, it felt nice. 

"Theif!" Someone called. She turned around and I looked up, seeing a security guard running over to us. 

L/N laughed and grabbed my hand. Suddenly we were standing just outside the mall. "Sorry, Kam," she said sheepishly, looking at the ground. 

"Was he after you?" I asked. She's in the hero course! She shouldn't be stealing!

"Um... Yeah... But its fine, Kam! It was only a one-time thing! Every teenager does it at some point!" 

I studied her face. "Yeah, Okay. Did you wanna go to the... Park?" I asked, feeling my face heat up. 

"Sure!" She started walking and I followed her, sipping on my milkshake. 

I suddenly remembered something she had said. "I thought you can only teleport yourself?" 

She beamed, looking very proud of herself. "I've been working on the teleporting quirk, although that means my cords quirk has weakened a little..." She chewed the inside of her cheek. 

"Hey, that's cool. It's okay for your cords quirk to weaken if that means your teleporting quirk gets stronger. You'll be able to save more people, then! How are you training your teleportation quirk? I thought you live alone." 

"Oh! I do... I just have friends that help me." 

"Did you get Bakugo or Midoriya to help you? Or someone else in 1A?" 

She laughed, and I couldn't help but notice the nervous edge to it. "No, I have other friends!" 
I nodded, smiling a little. We walked in silence until we were almost to the park, which was when a sudden thought struck me. 

How did she join the hero course so late?

"Hey, L/N... Can I ask you something?"
A blush spread across her face. It made her look cute. "How did you get into the hero course? I didn't see you in the entrance exams, and you had joined us so late..." 

L/N's eyes widened, her skin paled and she tensed up. "Um..." She looked away from me. "I can't say..." 

"C'mon, Y/N! You can tell me anything! I won't tell!" I said cheerfully.

That didn't seem to help. "N... Nezu and my... Family... Don't want me to say..." She said, still looking away from me as we entered the empty park. 

I stopped and grabbed her shoulder with one hand lightly, turning her to face me. My other hand, still cold from the milkshake I had thrown away earlier, cupped her face. "Y/N... You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"You will get angry, and never speak to me again."

"Y/N." Her (e/c) eyes met my gold ones. "I'll never be mad at you, no matter what." 

She looked away from me again, and lightly brushed my hands off, which I let fall to my side. "I'm a villain, Kaminari... Or at least, heading in that direction."