Too Far: Part One

➡️Hunter's POV⬇️

I nudge Sophie's hand with my head and indicate that I'm going to my locker to change. She smiles and tells me that she's going to her locker to grab her stuff. I don't want to leave her. I just found her but I know I can't stay in this form forever. I want to hold her in my arms.

I quickly change forms and put on the clothes I have thrown in there. I follow her scent to the hall that her locker is on. Before I turn the corner I know something isn't right. Colten is there.

I pick up my speed just a bit and come around the corner to see him standing in front of her. She looks bored and makes a move to go around him. I watch as he grabs her arm and slams her back against the locker. I can see that she's pissed, it's radiating off of her.

I growl and it fills the hallway. He has no right to touch her. She is my mate, his Alpha; she deserves more respect than he is giving her. Sophie whimpers slightly and I know it is involuntary. The amount of pain across her beautiful face is enough to drive my wolf insane.

I stride forward, trying to ignore the looks she is giving me. Colten turns to look at what she is staring at. I watch with satisfaction as his eyes widen in fear and suppress a laugh at the way she looks at him.

He is forced to release her arm when I lift him easily into the air. The stench of fear is everywhere and it is disgusting. The beta doesn't even attempt to look brave as I growl threateningly in his face.

If he has the nerve to disrespect his Alpha then he would learn what is was like to be of no importance at all. I leaned forward and growled out my threat so she couldn't hear it. Louder, I told him to stay far away from my mate. Before tossing him away from us.

Colten looked back one last time before taking off down the hallway towards the gym. I flashed him one last glare as he rounded the corner before turning my attention to Sophie.