It's All Real?

➡Sophie's PoV ⬇

When I wake up a few hours later, Hunter isn't in bed anymore. I sit up, looking around the room for any signs of him and find none. Taking a deep breath I try to force away the feeling of abandonment that is threatening to take over. His scent is just starting to fade and I know he hasn't been gone long.

Taking in another deep breath, I follow his scent down the hallway where his scent I reachs its strongest outside of a slightly open door. I raise my hand to knock when I hear the shower running and let my hand fall to my side. Taking a step backwards, I lean against the wall to try to calm my racing heart. Closing my eyes I try to think about calming things but Hunter is all that comes to mind.

I'm deep in thought when the door swings open and Hunter is standing there with a pair of basketball shorts hanging low on his hips. A smirk appears on his face when he notices me checking him out. He holds out his hand, which I take before he pulls me against his chest. His hair is still wet and beads of water drop from his hair down his chest making it difficult to focus.

I close my eyes and take slow deep breaths as I listen to his heart beat. I can feel his chest move as he inhales deeply the action quickly followed by his heart rate increasing. Pulling back slightly I look up to find his eyes already on me and I lick my lips, unthinking. His eyes narrow slightly, follow the movement. I open my mouth to a ask him what he's looking at but all I get out is, "Hunter, -" before his lips crash down on mine. His hands grip my waist as mine move to his shoulders pressing down as I'm lifted into the air.