MATE

**Hunter Landon above **
➡Sophie's POV⬇️

It felt like the world had frozen, it wasn't exactly how I imagined it but it was happening. The moment I have waiting my entire life for. I'm mated to Hunter one of the most powerful Alpha's across the world. He reached out a brushed a lock of hair away from my eyes and where his skin touched mine there was a tingling sensation.

I stepped closer to him, as he towered over me. My arms wrapped around his waist without me realizing it and I had to tilt my head back just to look at his face. It was perfect, just me and him until someone had to break our moment.

I felt my eyes turn black and I twisted in my mate's arms to see who had interrupted. My eyes narrowed and a growl echoed throughout the cafeteria as I looked at Colten. He looked at us with such anger it was almost unnerving.

He should have known better than to say what he did next, but apparently his brain wasn't functioning right today. "You think this piece of crap is your mate Sophie? He's nothing compared to me!"

➡️Hunter's POV⬇️

There was no time to think, to stop before I had shifted into my wolf and was holding Colten down by his shoulders. He should have kept his mouth shut, he had no right to talk to my mate like that.

Even for an Alpha, my wolf was large. My fur is such a dark brown it appears black sometimes. My eyes are a piercing green color. I am unmistakable.

I looked down at Colten trying to thrash beneath me, my weight was making it difficult for him. I knew he was going to start trying to talk his way out of it before it even started. That's what he did, he was that scared of me, of what I could do.

He opened his mouth to try to make an excuse and I growled in his face. Every part of me wanted to rip him apart right here, right now but I couldn't do that in front of Sophie. I could sense her standing to my right and I knew she was waiting.

When I didn't move, I felt her kneel next to me, leaning forward to look Colten in the eye, "In case it wasn't clear, we're over". As soon as her hand touch my fur and I relaxed slightly but not enough for Colten to escape. Only when she whispered in my ear did I release him. When I did, he took off as fast as he could.

I turn to look at Sophie and she has a mischievous glint in her eyes which instantly sparked my interested. She indicated towards the door she had entered though and started walking with me trotting beside her.