•37•

"Why don't we go on a nice walk to the beach?", I suggest.

My sister, Billie and I are currently sitting in my back yard, enjoying the afternoon. After debating the odds of Nik agreeing to sneak in Maya's room every night until he has a stable job and a place to stay, we decided to take a break.
The weather is windy, but I'm wearing one of Billie's huge warm sweaters and that's my favorite kind of weather anyway. My mother is out for grocery shopping and thankfully she isn't coming back for a little while.

"I can't. I have to be somewhere by nine. But you two can go now that the sun is down.", Billie replies, playing with the edge of her hoodie.

Maya glances at me as if she is expecting a bad reaction.

"Okay. Nik can come with us too."

Billie shrugs and stands up quickly. "He doesn't love outdoors but he might come if you promise him skinny dipping."

"Where is he anyway?", Maya wonders.

Billie picks her hair tie from the small table and tucks her hair in a handy ponytail.

"He's out, looking for a job probably. That's pretty much the only thing he's been doing for the last two days."

"That sounds stressful as hell. At least you guys have somewhere to sleep tonight.", Maya smirks at the thought.

I nudge her shoulder warningly.

"He's so stubborn. It'll take ages to convince him to practically enter the house by a window like a burglar.", Billie huffs.

"Come on, I'm good at convincing.", Maya objects, but before she can finish the thought, her phone rings.

She stands up to pick it up and leaves us to talk privately in a corner.

"She's gonna try to invite my brother to her bed isn't she?", Billie shakes her head, amused.

"I thought that was the plan?", I giggle, approaching her gently.

"You know what I mean.", she caresses the side of my face tenderly. "You smell really nice."

She still governs to make me stumble upon my own words, but I finally manage to form a proper sentence.

"Th-thank you. You smell nice too."

It's true. Her blueberry shampoo reminds me of tropical storms and turns my brain into mush. Especially when she's softly nuzzling her face in my neck, like now.
She moves one of my top's stripes and lets a sweet kiss on my left collarbone before putting the stripe back where it belongs.
I stare at her like a complete idiot, unable to move or speak. She always does something like that to leave me hanging and then leaves like she wasn't affected at all.
Well, not this time.

I grab her neck and roughly bring her lips to mine. She refuses to kiss me properly, so I just pull her bottom lip between mine, sucking it softly. "Kiss me.", I demand, still frustrated.

"You're so stubborn.", she mumbles between my lips, finally giving in and kissing me just like I wanted-roughly but tenderly.
We're lost in each other, not caring about the buzzing sound of Billie's new phone.
I don't know how much time has passed when a small cough tears us apart.

"I think Billie has to stay in my room instead sis. This isn't what I signed up for and mom is certainly gonna know what's happening if she hears...things."

I'm surely redder than a freaking tomato, but my sister and my girlfriend are smirking like idiots.

"Shut up, she won't be hearing things.", I mumble, wanting to disappear from this world right now.