•15•

"Why should I come?", her blue eyes are filled with curiosity, surprise.

"Because...well, my friends promised to be sensible. And I...kind of want you to be there too.", for some reason my own words make me blush. "It'll be fun. We haven't really done such a thing before and it seems like a good idea to relax and have some fun. School can be hella stressing."

Her expression is still unreadable, confused and I assume she's thinking about it.
"But I don't have any friends to invite. Besides, I don't have a camping tent.", she says.

Maybe it's the first time Billie Eilish being is so nervous in front of me.
In fact, I haven't seen her purely nervous ever before.

"Hey, these are just excuses. First of all, should I be offended that you don't consider me as your friend?", I grin softly. "Secondly, you don't need a tent. Tanner and Lily are going to borrow large tents for everyone. You just need to take some clothes for the weekend."

She pouts and I can see she's slowly but hesitantly changing her mind.
"I don't know. Maybe Nik won't let me stay away from the trailer for two nights in a row.", her last excuse makes sense.
We're all underage and I'd completely forgotten about asking my mother if I could go myself.

"You're right. We need to ask for permission.", I acknowledge. "But promise me you're gonna do it.", I plead.

"I am not going to promise you anything. ", she smirks and I know she's just trying to mess with me. "We're not friends."

"We're not?", I play along, putting a hurt expression on my face.

"No, unless you actually want us to be.", she mumbles, still grinning.

"I already told you I want to be your friend. Don't make me say it again!", I pout.

"I don't want you to say it again. I want you to prove it.", she challenges.

"What? How?"

"That's for you to figure out.", she mysteriously replies.

I huff and softly smack the back of her arm. "And you said you weren't mysterious."

"I am not.", she giggles.

"Yeah right."

The damn project needs to be done at some point, but neither of us actually cares about it anymore.

"You're so orange today you know.", she suddenly mumbles.

"Excuse me?"

"You're playful, but grumpy too. You're orange.", she explains like what she's saying is the most logical thing in the whole world.

"You divide my emotions in colors?"

"Not only yours. It's easier to express feelings like that.", she says.

"Okay...you're the first person I meet that does something like that."

"Glad to hear that.", she mutters.

"So, what color did you think I was when we first met?", my question catches her off guard.

"Honestly? A messy purple."

"Purple? Translation?", I joke.

"You came to me and immediately asked about the assignment. You were so nervous about that grade. You were so purple.", she laughs and I smirk.

"Okay then. Do you want to know what color I thought you were?", I think about it for a little while.

"Sure.", it's a challenge.

"Blue."

We both burst into laughter and we're soon hysterically laughing, unable to stop.

"Well, I think it's pretty obvious why.", I manage between chuckling, pointing to her blue hair.

"I also have blue eyes you know.", she grins.

"I noticed."

"You did?"

Our gazes meet and the laughter completely dies down.

We must be staring into each other's eyes for at least twenty seconds, because she suddenly breaks eye contact awkwardly and lowers her head.

"I'll ask my brother about the camping weekend.", she mutters.

"Cool."

She looks at me again, successfully avoiding my eyes this time.

"I have to go now. I think we got distracted.", she says and stands up, taking the notebook with her.

"Okay.", is the only thing that comes out of my mouth.

She awkwardly waves at me and closes my bedroom door behind her.

Well...looks like we're finally...friends?