Chapter 6- It's Just a Party

Start from the beginning

"Where are we gonna park then, Sol?"

"Twenty minutes away." I say.

"Sol please just do the valet."

"No, I don't want them inside my car." I say flatly.

I pull into an abandoned parking lot just off the highway. Hal groans as he open the car door.

"Think about all the exercise." I tease as I jump out the car.

"I don't want exercise, I just want pussy!" He says throwing his arms down like a child.

"You know if you say it loud enough, a cat will actually fall out of the sky." I say and reach into the back seat grabbing an umbrella.

We walk up the street as I tap the umbrella against the ground. The wet cleanly lain cement damp with fresh rain water

"You didn't tell me how I looked." I say.

"I thought I did." Hal says. "My face should have said it all. Like Sol, I've never seen you clean up so well."

"I've never really had a reason."

"And you had that suit for how long."

"It was my senior prom outfit."

"You wore that to your high school senior prom?" Hal looks at me in disbelief. "How didn't you get coded?"

"Because I came later when everyone was already dancing and the teachers were already high." I say with a chuckle. Hal smiles and kisses his teeth.

"You would have gotten eaten alive if you went to base camp." Hal laughs. I cock an eyebrow and wait for him to explain. "Where we are, there are no women. But there is a benefit once every three months so the men and women could get friendly. If you went there, dressed like this, I'm not sure if I could fight them all off."

"Good to know my suit makes such a difference." I say with a flat tone. But I couldn't help the smile that spread over my face.

"I'm serious. That suit is grown woman sexy. Fact that you wore it when you were only eighteen, makes it even hotter."

"Ew Hal. There are so many things wrong with what you just said."

Hal goes into defending himself but before he could even start we make it to the entrance.

Hundreds of cars lined up outside one building. The building having an ancient feel to it, the peaks of it reaching high and I swear I felt their eyes from their ivory towers.

I was right, when I looked up I saw multiple small blue pairs of eyes watching us. Window to window, there was always one or more sets of those Lycan blue eyes.

We stroll passed the groups of nervous sweating party goers. Everyone dressed in a costume. Either fairies, or masked villains. Many girls had the same idea, and came dressed in a ball gown with a mask.

A royal blue carpet rolled out leading everyone to the mouth of this colossal ancient looking structure.

Hal and I strolled leisurely passed bustling crowds of people trying to get in. It seemed like an invisible line was drawn between the sane and insane.

That line was the very edge of the blue carpet, that protected the long skirts and trains of women and men pretending to have more money than they actually do.

"How are we moving faster than this line?" I ask

"I'm really enjoying it though. All these hot bodies pressed together like this."

"You are unbearable." I say and quicken my pace heading towards the front entrance.

"Why are you walking so fast?" He asks.

We bounce up the steps around the pool of ballroom gowns that spread over the stone staircases. I pulled out my invitation showing it to the boiling mad man that stood guard at the door.

"The Ice Queen gave us these." I say holding the invitation between my fingers. Hal holding his up as well. The guard lets us through after a quick inspection of the invitations.

Rushing inside to avoid the furious screams of the crowd outside, I cracked a smile at their red tears stained faces. It's just a party.

Once inside the main hall, we were blinded by royal blue and gold everywhere. Gold decorations hanging off the walls, the ceiling looked to be painted with a deep blue shade.

We found a table that was stacked with a champagne tower. Hal snagged one for himself and took a sip. He offered me the glass but I shake my head.

A see waiters up ahead all modeling trays of glasses filled with something brown. The smell of scotch was enticing me and without thinking I gravitated towards the closest waiter.

Reaching up I pluck one off his tray and continue walking.

Taking a sip of the chilled liquid, I hum and lick my lips.

The cold burn was welcoming. I haven't had a drink in many weeks. Bad things happen when I do.

"Is my girl imbibing?" Hal asks with an exaggerated gasp.

"Hush Hal." I say as we turn the next corner and turn into a large ballroom. Decorated in mostly gold, the opulence reeking off the food at the desert table. Gold covered cookies and another champagne tower.

This time you could notice how many more lycans were here.

"You smell that?" I ask as we enter.

"We're surrounded." Hal whispers.

Women and men dressed in costumes that could be confused for art. One women glided by Hal dressed in a ruby red dress that resembled a butterfly.

Her mask stretched to four corners, framing her face perfectly. Another man walked in front of us, his face covered with a bear masked that looked all too real. The skin of it covering his suit and trailing behind him on the floor.

"That bear costume looks so real."

"Hal it is real."

I grab his arm and tug him to the side of the room. Moving swiftly behind conversing groups and hiding in the dark corner.

"Are we fucked?" I asked as I place the glass to my lips.

"I want to be fucked by every single wom-" I cover his mouth before he could say anymore.

"You are going to get yourself killed faster than I anticipated." I say and glance behind me to find a window.

The window showing their back garden. They had a maze made up of entirely roses, the red shaped into a massive maze that stretched out farther than I could see.

"This place is disrespectful." I hiss. "They have a maze of roses. Why couldn't they have something normal like a tennis court or a pool." I say.

"What is this place?"

"And you hide in the corners still." A bright smile moving towards us hiding behind a glittering green hand held mask.

A dainty hand holding onto the wand, as those icy blue eyes dance with glee.

"Solus." The girl lowering her mask to reveal Christine.

"You know each other?" Hal asks pointing a finger at the both of us.

"Apparently." I say taking another sip of the scotch.