28

JACOB

After I was sure both my sisters were asleep I quietly walked out the front door. I needed to get out of the house after dealing with all that shit with Jennifer.

I got into my car and drove off. I just need a break and I can't get that in my house. Everything has been chaotic lately, with Olivia finding out about the gang and Abby's getting older and lately, she's been asking more questions about our parents and where they are or when they're coming back.

Abby's so young, she didn't grow up as me and Olivia did. She never really was around our parents so she doesn't understand how toxic they really are.

I have pretty much singlehandedly raised Abby since she was born. I still remember the day she was born. I was 14 and Olivia was only 10.

Only a few days after Jennifer got home from the hospital with Abby, she left. She was gone for 2 weeks and I was only 14 trying my best to take care of a newborn baby and a 10-year-old.

Abby wouldn't stop crying and I didn't know what to do, I remember I tried everything to get her to calm down but nothing worked. I almost got kicked out of school because I missed so much time, social services were on our asses and I was only 14, I didn't know what to do.

Olivia would be up at night crying because she missed her mom and I never knew how to calm her down. I was never cut out for it. I considered leaving but I could never bring myself to leave my little sisters behind.

I pulled up in front of the warehouse and got out, slamming the car door shut. I walked up to the door typing in the code and walking in.

"Aye Smokey, I didn't know you were coming in tonight"

"Well, here I am," I said walking into the backroom in the warehouse. "Do we have a location on Logan's whereabouts yet?"

"Not yet boss"

"Dammit. I need you to get on that ASAP" I snapped running my hands threw my hair.

"We're trying our best."

"Well try harder" I sighed, the frustration was getting to me. I needed my sisters to be safe and with Logan our they're, it wasn't gonna happen.

"Is raven here?" I asked.

"I don't think so. The place is pretty much empty tonight"

"Okay," I said. I excepted that considering that it was Christmas. "I've only got like a couple of hours before I have to be back home, Abby is probably going to come to wake me up in a couple of hours."

"Okay, we should get to work then."

+++

"Get up"

"Jacob wake up" I heard someone mumble, I slowly opened my eyes and to come face to face with Abby. "Get up, we gotta open presents."

"Go back to sleep baby it's only 5:30" I groaned pushing my younger sister off me.

"No we have to go open presents, Santa came," she said trying to pull me up.

BROKEN (book #1) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara