Poseidon

Macaria

I went to Olympus. The high columns and old Greek architecture was still something, but I enjoyed the Underworld better. There weren't as much pomp and circumstance down there.

Zeus was busy, because when wasn't he?

Poseidon sat next to me, arms crossed, the trident leaned against the stone bench we were perched upon. He wore blue, as in royal blue. He wore it like the old Greeks would have. Toga. That was his thing when he was here, when he was in Atlantis? How should I know, I'd rarely visited.

He glanced at me. "Why are you here?"

"Persephone's being a bitch," I stated. "You?"

He smiled. His eyes crinkled at the corners. He appeared slightly older than Hades, so I guess in that sense it made sense.

"I've met a young woman, and I was hoping to see Hades."

"He's unavailable, so it will have to be me or Charon." I said.

"Oh," Poseidon said. "When will he be back?"

Zeus entered just in that moment. "Later," he boomed. "Poseidon, later."

Poseidon looked at me.

"We can talk before I leave," I promised.

"The only one we can't involve is Demeter," Zeus said. "And Poseidon, we might need your eyes on Earth."

"Okay, what's going on?" he asked.

"Persephone tried to force a human girl to stay in the Underworld by forcing her to intake Ambrosia through her food. She's back on Earth, but there will be repercussion."

"And Hades is on Earth now, isn't he?" Poseidon asked.

"Yes," I sighed.

"Interesting," Poseidon remarked.

Zeus hesitated. He wore a white suit in the day's occasion. He was blond, with blue eyes, his hair short.

"What are you thinking?" Poseidon asked.

"We have to ensure she doesn't seek Hades out and kill his human body," I said.

"Yes," Zeus agreed. "And Persephone knows he's on Earth."

"She's a nasty woman sometimes, no offense." He told me.

"None taken," I said.

"Any ideas?" Zeus interrupted.

I wouldn't remind him he was the leader of this business, that kind of information went to Zeus' head.

"Demeter?" Poseidon asked.

"No," Zeus and I said in unison.

"She's way too protective of Persephone," I told him. "It's crazy, it's never Persephone's fault."

"Yeah, she's always been weird about her." Poseidon mused. "Can she find him on Earth?"

"No," I said. "She's not supposed to. Only the globes in the Underworld, and in Hades' office, have access to where people are, and only I can access that, except Hades."

"Effective," Zeus remarked.

"The Underworld is pretty cool," I added casually.

"Maybe I should come visit?" Poseidon mused.

"You are most welcome," I said. "Charon is checking everyone to ensure Persephone isn't there, but you are welcome."

"Persephone?" A voice came.

Zeus groaned. "Yes, Demeter," Zeus said.

Demeter entered the room. She wore an earthly green robe. It looked very bohemian and very 70's on Earth. All in various shades of green.

"What has my dear girl now been accused of?"

Zeus took a deep breath. "Demeter, this is none of your business."

"I tell you, it is all on Hades."

Demeter was like a grandmother, only she wasn't a day past thirty – in human years.

"Poseidon, Macaria, my office," Zeus snapped. He turned to face Demeter. "Do you have anything to inform me of?"

"No," Demeter said. "I just heard Persephone's name. Don't you think you're harsh by throwing her out of the Underworld?"

Poseidon and I went to Zeus' office.

"Why are you bringing that here?" I asked, nodding at the trident.

He smiled fondly at the golden trident. "I don't have a security system like Hades, so I'm bringing it."

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"I have a girl at Atlantis who's not supposed to be there. She's technically dead, she drowned, unfortunately, but I like having her around."

I smiled. "I'll discuss it with Zagreus and come back with an answer."

"Thank you, Macaria." Poseidon said and gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze. It sent a pang of homesickness through me. Hades could've done the exact same thing.

Zeus entered a few moments later, he looked red-hot. "Right, now we have to do something about this situation." He boomed.