good for them

Macaria

The globe in my pocket started to vibrate. I checked it, expecting to hear from Charon or Zagreus. It was the globe in Hades' office.

I half ran to the office, shut the door and willed it to be locked, before I unlocked the globe.

I found Stella.

She wore a red dress, her face was one of pure astonishing. Opposite her sat Hades. He looked like himself.

She remembered?

He looked at his hands before he looked at Stella again.

"You, did you know?" she demanded to know.

He shook his head. "The first time, in the supermarket, I knew it was you, but when I met you the second time, I only remembered you as the girl from the supermarket. I don't know I'm Hades if I reincarnate." He muttered.

I felt like an intruder, but I loved it when they'd been together. It felt as if they were meant to be. And there was this genuine connection between them, even though they bickered.

My shoulders relaxed, and I smiled.

I deleted the search and checked up on a few I'd met, most of whom where dead, but their families lived on.

I shut off the globe, unlocked the door and went to the kitchen.

I contacted Zagreus through the globe.

"I'm hunting," he sneered.

"Stella remembered Hades," I said.

"Oh, good for them, talk later." And he shut me off.

Well, at least he knew. Melinoë probably didn't care enough for me to call her.

I went to work, even though I was late. Charon shouldn't know, the fewer the better. And Persephone was the one person who shouldn't know.

Only Rhea knew how much damage she could cause.