honest chance

Hades

I closed my laptop and went to take that shower that hadn't happened yet.

Showered, dried and dressed, I went to the kitchen. Dinner time.

I wasn't a zombie, I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Whenever Stella was back with some sort of decision, that would ease things. I would give her two weeks, that is, another week from now, and then demand an answer. I couldn't do this.

I looked at the contents of my fridge. Salad. Chicken. Sounded about right.

I was slicing the chicken, when someone pressed my doorbell.

Okay, had I been in the Underworld, I would know who it was. I missed being able to know that.

I dried my hands on a towel and went to answer the intercom.

"It's Stella, do you have a minute?"

I buzzed her in and unlocked the door. If she was ready to talk now, I wouldn't mind. Bradley and Harry both had family plans, so I'd nothing better to do.

She knocked a few seconds later.

I opened the door.

She wore a skirt. And a tight top in red. Black skirt, red top.

"Hi," I said.

"Hi." She smiled. "Uhm, can we talk?"

I let her in and locked the door.

She swallowed. "So."

"Please, come all the way in," I said. "I'm supposed to eat, while the food is hot, so if you don't mind?"

"It's fine," she said and took off her sandals. She had bare feet.

I prepared my salad, and we sat down by the dining table. She fidgeted with her fingers.

"I've been thinking, and I'm sorry for shutting you out like this."

I nodded, I was listening.

"I was just confused, and I couldn't abstract from the fact that we met in the Underworld, and that you knew me as someone else. I know you don't see me as that person, but it still feels like it. But with that said, I'd love to give this an honest shot."

I smiled. "Okay."

"What about you?"

"I'd love to, too."

She smiled and looked at her fingers again.

Sue me, but she had nice breasts. And the top accentuated them nicely. And that color?

"Shouldn't you be eating?" she asked.

I hastily took another bite.

Stella snickered.

I looked at her. "I'm sorry for being distracted by you."

She blushed. "I, uhm, I'll just go back home."

"Please, stay." Did I sound desperate? While I might be the god of the Underworld, and some people did see that as scary, I didn't usually have to beg anyone to stay around.

"Sure?" she asked.

"Yeah."

She bit her lip. "I'll text Taylor and Adam." She mumbled and found her phone.

I nodded and watched her go to the tiny hall and fetch her phone.