migraine

Hades

There was no sign of the lunatic racing around the parking lot, and that put my nerves more at ease. I didn't know if I should bring something, it wasn't Hector's style, and it wasn't mine either. Unless I knew I was dating someone.

I pressed the doorbell, and stepped into her flat a few seconds later.

"It smells good," I remarked.

"Yeah, I cheated," She confessed.

I looked at her, really looked at her.

She had dark circles beneath her eyes, and she wore yoga pants and a black t-shirt.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked.

She rubbed her face in her hands and put her hair behind her ears. "I had a migraine this morning, went to see the doctor, and it is a possible after effect on the brain swelling."

"Oh," I said.

Stella looked at the ground. "I'm feeling better, but I still feel a little off."

"You could've told me not to come."

"I wanted you to come," she whispered. "Adam and Stella are out, and I wanted to spend time with you. Also, if Dad and Donna come over, I have a really good reason not to let them in."

"They're still bothering you?"

She nodded. "Yeah, but I've written a long e-mail expressing my feelings, thoughts and how they've handled the three of us growing up. They haven't responded and I sent it last night."

I gently pulled her to me, wrapping my arms around her, and kissed her temple.

She wrapped her arms around my waist. "I've never had migraine before, and my vision got sort of blurry but not quite, and it freaked me out."

I cupped her face. "Hey, it's okay. That would freak me out too."

"And now I apparently have to live with that too, because some asshole couldn't control his urges before getting behind the wheel."

I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "What have you prepared for dinner?"

She peaked up at me. "One pot. I found a recipe and it looked so good. Plus, then I won't have to cook dinner tomorrow."

I kissed her lips, gently, before letting her go.