CHAPTER 28: Rowan

I'm not sure in why I even doubt for just a little bit that my father was ever capable of not doing this. Especially to me. Maybe I had gotten caught up in believing him tell me about how he truly felt about my mother right before I hurried back home to comfort Melody after she found out about her father being murdered. I guess I got caught up in all of that that I didn't see something like this coming. 

"Like hell you're going to take her!" I snapped at him and felt her grip onto the back of my shirt tightly, while still standing behind me. 

"There's some unfinished business we have." My father replies with a sinister looking grin. 

"No. Not happening." I tell him. 

I may not be one hundred percent certain in what is about to happen next but what I do know for sure is that I will die trying to protect my wife if that's what it comes down to. 

"Like I just told you, you don't have a choice." My father repeats. 

"The hell I don't." I say and the next thing I know, as I pull out my gun and start to try and fire at one of his men, I feel out of nowhere, the gun being knocked out of my hand and right before I have a chance to retaliate, everything suddenly becomes all dark. 

                                                                  <<<<<>>>>>

"Ah!" I wince to myself as I feel a throbbing pain on the back of my head as I slowly begin waking up from what felt like a deep long nap, blinking a few times to start adjusting my eyes so that things weren't so blurry as they are right now. I wonder what the hell happened. 

When I tried to touch the back of my head where the pain was to see if I was bleeding or not, I quickly realized that none of my arms could move and then soon after, I noticed neither could my legs. Then I looked down and realized that both my hands were tied behind my back along with both my legs were tied to the legs of the chairs as well as my mouth being duct taped shut also.

Right away, I began looking around me and noticed that Marlon, Bolton as well as Anton were both tied to some chairs as well to the sides of me a few feet apart from each other. There was darkness all around us and the only light that was on was the bright one that shone over me and the guys. 

Where were we?! What the hell was happening?! Where was my wife?!  Finally, after moments of sitting there and waking up with everybody else, a heavy door opened up as the sound from it opening up resonated throughout wherever we were at and the noise bouncing off the walls. 

Next were footsteps, walking towards us as I heard them getting closer and yet still I couldn't see any silhouettes or anything and then they stopped. 

"It's about time you sleeping beauties woke your asses up." We heard a familiar voice as it came from one of my dad's main guys. 

I squinted a little bit from the brightness of the light while trying to look through the darkness and finally, a few guys stepped in the middle of the light before the guy began talking again. 

"I know this must be hard for you. Having your father betray you and take your wife. But let me assure you, she will soon be in very good hands." The guy smirks. 

I'm not exactly sure in what he meant specifically by that but knowing my father, I had a good idea at what he'd do to her. 

I began struggling to try and break free from these ropes as did Marlon and the rest, while we also started yelling through our taped mouths even though we knew they couldn't know what we were yelling at them. 

I needed to find out in how it was I was going to get out of here to get Melody. I needed to make sure that she was safe no matter what and then take down my dad at the same time. 

Suddenly, we all started hearing shouting and yelling out of my father's men from outside and then gunfire going off as well and the next thing I saw were the guys running out and slamming the door shut behind them as they left us here. 

All of us took that opportunity to try and break free then I finally stood up and then as hard as I could, fell hard onto the ground and was able to thankfully break a couple of the legs, which helped me get my legs out from under the chair legs, still with the rope around my ankles. Next I started trying to look around for anything sharp to break my hands free and finally I found some sharp tools that I know my dad was going to have his men torture us to death with, already laid out on the table there. 

Next, despite it taking a little time, I finally was able to break free from the ropes that had my hands tied behind my back together, ripped off the duct tape from my mouth quickly (which hurt like a motherfucker!) Then I started hurrying over and untying the rest of everybody until I got to Anton. 

I stood there for a moment to debate rather or not I could trust him but then Marlon said something. 

"We are going to need him." He says. 

"Fine. But I swear if you try anything or I find out even that you were in any way part of this, I'll skin you alive from head to toe!" I threaten him. 

He nods his head in agreement. Then I break him free, we grab anything we can use as weapons and start cautiously heading towards the door, ignoring at how dark it is, feeling around to make sure we don't bump into anything and then finally get to the door and hear nothing. 

There's no voices, nobody shouting or yelling, no gunfire, nothing. In which to be honest, scares me even more. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)