Joelle checks up on Jeremy

Everybody was asleep except Leilani, Jeremy, and Joelle. Joelle was laying down in her bed looking up at her ceiling and she sat up. She got out of her bed and grabbed the flashlight from under her mattress. She opened the door slowly and walked out of her room. She walked towards her parents' room and went inside quietly. Roman had his back turned to Galina while he was sleeping and Galina had her arms wrapped around his waist while she was sleeping. Joelle looked at them and walked towards their dresser drawer while she was watching them. She opened the dresser drawer and looked through the clothes. She found a large photo album that was labeled: DECEASED ADOPTIVE KIDS and she grabbed it. She fixed the clothes back to the way they were and closed the dresser drawer slowly. Roman started moving around in the bed and laid down on his back. He wrapped his arm around Galina's shoulders and she laid her head down on his chest. Joelle didn't move and she walked towards Galina slowly. She took the key from around Galina's neck slowly and walked away slowly. She walked out of the room slowly while watching them and she ran down to the basement. She unlocked the door with the key and cut on her flashlight. She went inside the basement and closed the door behind her slowly. She locked the door behind her and walked towards Jeremy. She got beside him and shined the light on his bruised up face.

Joelle (whispering): Jeremy, it's me, Joelle, wake up, I've gotta show you somethin'.

Jeremy sat up and looked at her. She wrapped a cover around him and he held it against him.

Jeremy (whispering): I'm awake, what're you doin' down here, you should be in your bed sleepin'.

Joelle: I needed to help you and Lani, I needed to save you guys, so, you guys can save me, too, here, I've got somethin' to show you, it's evidence of what my parents' have been doin' within the past 10 years.

She gave him the photo album and he took it from her. He looked through it and saw newspaper clippings along with the photos.

Jeremy: Why haven't you told the cops about this?

Joelle: I was scared, and if I did, they would've burned the only piece of evidence that I've found, which is, this photo album, they've got numerous tapes of rapin' the sisters, and killin' the brothers.

Jeremy: Has Roman raped my sister, yet?

Joelle: Unfortunately, yes, she tried to kill herself by drownin' herself in hot, scaldin' water in her bathtub, but he rescued her from doin' that before she could complete the process, this happened whenever he came to her room with some food, it's not your fault, Jeremy.

Jeremy: What's in it for you?

Joelle: You guys have your aunt and uncle adopt me, so, what do you say, a favor for a favor, Leilani already promised me, and now, it's your turn to promise me the same thing.

Jeremy thought about it and let out a sigh.

Jeremy: I promise.

Joelle: Great, hide this in your bag.

Jeremy did what she said and she gave him a hug. He hugged her back and she got up.

Jeremy: Go on back to bed, I don't want you to get caught being down here with me.

Joelle: Okay, goodnight, Jeremy.

Jeremy: Goodnight, JoJo.

She unlocked the door and opened it slowly. She walked out of the basement and closed the door behind her. She locked it and cut off her flashlight. She went upstairs to her parents' room and put the key back around Galina's neck slowly. She walked out of the room slowly watching her sleeping parents and went back to her room. She ran inside her room and closed the door. Roman woke up and got out of the bed. He walked out of his room and looked both ways. He walked towards Joelle's room and opened the door. He went inside the room and Joelle was pretending to be sleep. He sat down beside her and rubbed her hair slowly. He kissed her forehead and got up. He walked towards the door and walked out of her room. He closed the door behind him slowly and went back into his room. He laid down on his back and put the cover on top of him. He went back to sleep and sighed softly.