28 | mean grils

"We're back!", I yelled, as we entered the house, walking further in to store all the food we had bought in the kitchen, only to find my brother sitting at the counter Luke and I had been sitting at the first time we had truly talked to each other.

"How are you?", I asked, but didn't need him to answer. The way he was supporting his head with his hands, squishing his cheeks together and the eyes that were only halfway open told me that he hadn't been awake for a long time and that all he wanted was to go back into his warm and cuddly bed.

He raised his head, looked at me sleepy and let himself fall onto the counter, softening the crash with his arms that he had laid on it for this purpose and moaned.

His best friend chuckled, sitting on one of the chairs that were next to him. "Why are you even awake when you're so tired?"

Calum looked up growling and rubbing his eyes. "Because we have an online class in ten." His sleep was still noticeable in his voice since he had probably only been up for about a half hour.

Luke's eyes popped wide open. "Oh, damn it, I forgot about that."

"Yes, but you're at least dressed", Cal mumbled, before he found enough willpower to get up and make his way toward his room to fetch his Laptop. "But you know what? I guess I'll just look like a homeless."

"In what subject do you have the online class?", I asked the tall blond as we were alone again.

"Chemistry." The look on his face told me that he wasn't excited about it at all, but I couldn't blame him since most people didn't like chemistry. Me however never hated it. I didn't love it either but I somehow managed to receive good grades without even trying to. It just all seemed very logical.

"Not a fan, huh?"

"Is it that obvious?", he chuckled.

In this moment, Calum walked back in, his laptop in his hands and placed it in front of him and Luke. "Let's just share my laptop. You don't have one here and it wouldn't make any sense anyway when were in the same zoom meeting only a few feet apart."

***

In the afternoon, the three of us were already planning the movie night. Mom said that we should let Ana watch with us too because she got really bored in the evenings. I didn't mind it since it was only one more reason to watch the movies I wanted since Ana was too young to watch all those horror movies Calum loved to watch.

I would have been okay with watching science fiction or other action movies, but horror was the only genre I couldn't stand at all.

"So, what's the plan?", Calum asked, knowing that he wouldn't have a say in the movie.

We sat on the floor between the couch and the TV, all the movies we possessed laying in front of us.

"Can we watch mean girls?", Luke asked pointing on the film case.

"You're such a white girl", Calum commented, visibly annoyed by his choice.

"It's not my problem if you can't appreciate good movies."

I crossed my legs, thinking about whether it was a good decision to watch mean girls. It seemed to fit all the criteria; it was Ana-friendly – yep, that was the only criteria. "Sounds good to me, I'm sure Ana will like it."

Calum sighed defeated, letting him fall backwards, theatrical covering his face. He was probably questioning all his life decisions and how he ended up watching a total teenage movie not for the first but already second time within a month. "What would I need a girlfriend for when I have sister and a best friend who force me to watch all the teenage dramas?"