9| Can We Kiss Forever?

Start from the beginning

"You should be resting," I chastise him and feel aa strange tickle when his lips touch my neck.

"This is resting," He sighs against my delicate skin and I shudder uncontrollably which has never happened before.

"You smell so fucking good," He adds as his lips touch the skin again and I want him to kiss the spot he's hovering over just so I can be closer to him.

"What do I smell like?" I ask him, wishing I felt the same but he just smells like fresh laundry detergent. 

"When I was younger and everything that happened with my father got to me, I would run away to that small apple orchard behind the castle on the cliff," He explains and takes in a deep breath before letting it go against that spot again. 

"With you, it's like I'm standing in the middle of it all over again. I can hear the ocean in the distance, feel the sun beating down my back, smell the fresh apples on the trees, and the world is suddenly at peace again," he explains and I'm honored to bring him such calm.

"That's nice," I sigh, so cozy on his warm shoulder that I nearly fall alseep right there. 

"Yeah, it's a great birthday present," Alexei says and I jolt back from him. 

"Today's your birthday?!" I cry out and he keeps a hold of my waist so I don't stray too far in my outrage. 

"Yup, I've officially lived a whole sixteen years on this earth, woot woot," he says with a roll of his eyes on the woot woot and I pout. I would hit him but I can't after I almost broke him. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Now I just wanna cry because I didn't know and I didn't get him anything. I would have at least brought him a little cake. 

"I dunno, it's never really been a big deal to me. I just celebrated with my foster mom and she used to bake this delicious flan just on my birthday. But other than that it's not a big deal to me," he explains but it didn't make me feel any better. 

"It's okay peaches, hey stop that," he pokes my pouted lips and I sniffle a little as I try to keep the tears contained. 

"I just wish I knew so I could do something special," I know it's stupid to ruin the beautiful moment we were having over something he sees as small, but I don't care. Today was the day Alexei of Crimson was born and that's something I think should be celebrated. 

"Just you being here and coming to visit me, sitting right here just like this is far better than any tangible gift you could have given me," Alexei tries and a part of me wanted to run away and cry in my room over it but I know he's not going to let me. 

"I'm- I'm not that special," I tell him honestly cause I'm pretty sure anything and anyone is better than me.

"Waylon you're my ma-" He stops mid-sentence and wipes the little tear that escaped from my cheek. 

"I'm your what?" I ask him to finish unsure of what he was about to say. 

I'm his what? Majesty? Magical lab partner? Majestic unicorn? 

Instead of truly answering, he just stares deep into my eyes and I almost feel like he's reaching my very soul. His smirk tells me he knows something I don't and is going to keep it that way. 

"Can I kiss you?" He asks instead and as much as I wanted to strike up a protest, knowing how ugly I must look with my stupid tear-stained face, I nod and he cups my face in his hands. Pulling me close to him until our lips finally touch and I swear to the gods I think my heart just exploded. 

I closed my eyes as I let my arms return to their original position, gently caressing the soft little hairs on the back of his neck while savoring the feeling of his lips on mine. I love this feeling like all the fireworks going off on new years eve in my stomach and tiny tickling tingles drawing from every part of where his skin touches mine. 

Alexei's hand slowly traces down my face to my back as he carefully rubs small circles, every kiss slowly driving me insane as we go deeper, diving into a new feeling with his tongue touching mine.

When he slows down, I'm slightly disappointed because I know he's going to pull away, but I just want to kiss him forever. 

I know Alexei is a big strong muscular alpha who's going to fight so many battles for his people. But everything inside my tiny body just wants to keep him here in my arms in this very moment, safe and sound. 

"Yup, definitely the best birthday ever," He says and I laugh, nuzzling my nose to his as I stayed close to his handsome face. My hand drifts to the bed to support myself because I just might faint in his gaze and I touch something super soft. 

Looking down I find the teddy bear I gave him when we were just six years old.

 White curls lined his fur as the little stuffie filled with memories brought the tears back to my eyes. 

"My Goddess, you were so sad that day. It's like I could feel the dark cloud hovering over your head and I just wanted to make your world a little bit brighter. I can't believe you kept it after all this time. Do you remember that day?" I look at the small bear and can't help but smile at the gesture. He doesn't even try to deny it as he presses a single kiss to my forehead. 

"Of course I do, it was the day I fell in love with you," Alexei confesses and I'm at a loss of words as the bear slowly falls out of my hands. 

He's been in love with me this entire time?