CHAPTER 19: Shall We Dance?

Start from the beginning

"Di'ba sabi ko sa'yo, honeymoon?" Sam chuckled, and Hannah blushed for the nth time already.

"Sam, this house is so nice!" She exclaimed. "When we get married, we should live here!" Oops. She didn't say that out loud, did she?

Sam was taken aback but eventually replied. "Yeah, we should!" And it sent Hannah blushing again. How long will she be blushing? She doesn't know. All she knows is that Sam was constantly making her heart beat a little faster every now and then.

They went inside the house to arrange their things. "Hannah, the room on the left is yours. The one on the right is mine." Sam instructed as she began to put Hannah's things in Hannah's room.

"Okay." Hannah replied.

"Let's relax for a bit. We'll be going to Mactan later. We have information about a meetup there. Here are the files, maybe you want to study them." Sam stated.

'Oh, right. The mission.' Hannah thought to herself and nodded at Sam.

"I'll go ahead to my room, okay?"

"Okay. See you later."

~~

It was around five o'clock when Sam knocked on Hannah's door. "Hannah, get ready, were going in about an hour. Their meetup is at 7 PM."

"Okay. Be ready in 30!" Hannah shouted from the other side of the door.

To be honest, she only slept for an hour. She has been studying the files and the drug lord 'King Cocaine'. She discovered that the drug business has been running for decades now and it has been passed on to generations in the family. The boss, being called 'King Cocaine'.

She quickly took a shower and put on her dark blue above-the-knee floral dress, finished with a denim jacket, and completed with a white canvas Converse. She fixed herself and applied light make up.

Just in time, Sam knocked on the door again. "Hannah, are you ready?"

"Yes, Sam." She said, quickly went to the door and opened it.

"Wow. Looking good, partner!" Sam exclaimed.

"You look good yourself too." She complimented. Sam was wearing a grey tee, black leggings, and an all-white Adidas Samba – her denim jacket wrapped in her waist. She looked as hot as ever.

They both chuckled and headed to the car. They drove to Mactan in a comfortable silence and arrived after about an hour.

"Wow! A floating restaurant?!" Hannah exclaimed. The place was wonderful. 'Lantaw Floating Restaurant.' She read as they entered the place.

They got seated on the part where they can look over at the sea.

"This place is romantic. Isn't it?" Sam commented.

"Yeah." That was all Hannah could say as she was still awed at the view.

Not long enough, a local artist, Arthur Nery, serenaded the diners in an acoustic setup.

Sam and Hannah was almost halfway through their dinner when Sam spotted King Cocaine's men enter the vicinity. They got seated against Hannah, facing Sam, and started talking about the shipments. Sam immediately texted Hannah.

"Hannah, they're seated at your back. Listen carefully. Remember the details." Sam texted her, and Hannah nodded.

"Binayaran na daw ni Boss ang Customs. Mga two months daw estimated arrival ng Raw Materials." A bald guy, whose back was facing Sam, stated.

"Mabuti naman. So in two months, pupunta na si Boss dito. Linis-linisin ni'yo mga kalat ni'yo." The fat guy, facing Sam, said.

Sam and Hannah continued eating.

"Meet up daw natin, Friday 4 weeks from now, yung kompare ni Boss sa Aqua Beach sa may Cordova. Gusto niya raw pumasok sa negosyo. 7 PM daw sa may Casino." The fat guy stated and it made Sam raise her gaze.

"Babe, there's food sa gilid ng labi mo." Sam quickly said and held Hannah's chin, brushing a part of her lips. Hannah was confused but Sam only gave her the eye as if saying 'pakisamahan mo ako, nahuli niya akong nakatingin sa kanya'.

"Awee, babe, you're so sweet." Hannah replied loudly and chuckled.

"Oh sige, dalhin mo yung samples sa kanya." The bald guy replied.

The two guys' order arrived and they began eating. Hannah and Sam also continued eating, and finished a few minutes after, and were silently observing the place. The guys were still there but were now enjoying their food and were not talking about the shipment anymore.

"This has been a long night, guys. And I'm leaving you with this masterpiece. Who wants to slow dance tonight?" They heard Arthur Nery, the singer, say at the diners. The diners cheered and some of them slowly made their way to a vacant spot to slow dance.

"Niiiice!" Arthur Nery say again as he waited for the others to make their way to the spot, the guitarist playing some background music.

Sam stood up which made Hannah look up at her. Sam smiled widely. 'Oh, no! Is she serious?' Hannah mentally commented.

Sam offered Hannah her hand and gave Hannah her sweetest smile. "Shall we dance, babe?"

Hannah was hesitant at first. 'She never runs out of sweetness talaga.' She reciprocated the girl's smile and said "Why not, diba?" She accepted Sam's hand and the two of them made their way to the dancing spot.

The music began playing and Sam gently guided Hannah's hands to her shoulder as she put her hands on Hannah's waist. They were only inches apart from each other.

Song: Higa by Arthur Nery
Kailangan mong malaman
Kung kalian ka kailangan
Parang 'di na naranasang
Ikaw naman ang ipaglaban
Bakit palaging isinasantabi
Ang iyong sarili para sa iba?
Naghahangad sa taong 'di babalik
Subukan mo naming magpahinga

Arthur Nery started singing and Hannah swore it was the sweetest song she has ever heard just yet because she was slow dancing it with Sam.

At dahan-dahang ihiga
Ang katawan nang 'yong malamang 'di ka nag-iisa
Halika na't 'di kailangang pilitin
Dahil para sa'kin
Ika'y mahalaga

Mayro'n ngang puso
Ngunit 'di mo nakikita ito
Kahit pa tayo'y nasa sulok
'Di ka pa rin magpapasuyo
Konting pilit pa ba ang kailangan?
O sadyang 'di ako ang gusto?
Konting silip naman sa'king nararamdaman sa'yo

At dahan-dahang ihiga
Ang katawan nang 'yong malamang 'di ka nag-iisa
Halika na't 'di kailangang pilitin
Dahil para sa'kin
Ika'y mahalaga

The riff started playing and Hannah and Sam were just slowly swaying their bodies to the beat. Hannah couldn't understand some of the lyrics but she knew it was a romantic song and Sam just even made it more romantic for her.

She had fallen way too deep.