Chapter 29 - Settling In

Start from the beginning

Ricky began feeding his vegetables through the juicer. A moment later, Thomas stepped in with a goofy grin on his face. "What? No welcome home kiss?"

Hector stood and went to greet him with a peck on the cheek. "Better?"

Thomas returned the kiss, this time on Hectors lips, then turned his attention to Ricky expectantly.

Ricky grinned back but did not move. "You know damn well why I'm not going over there." He retorted, recalling the many times Thomas decided to tease him despite their orders to remain abstinent.

"Awe. I guess you don't want your surprise?" Thomas pouted.

"What surprise?"

That was when he pulled a basket out from behind his back. Ricky eyed it curiously, then heard a whimper from within. Interested, he found himself stepping closer to see what it was.

Lifting the side of the basket, Thomas revealed a corgi pup.

Ricky's heart fluttered as he gave a small involuntary squeal. Reaching down, he slowly lifted the creature out of the basket.

"I thought you'd like it." Thomas laughed. "We actually chose the puppy last week. It was too young to wean from it's mother back then though, so I went to pick it up today."

"But I can't take care of a puppy. I'm barely ever home!"

"That's why we'll take care of him while you're not here." Hector answered.

Not long after the incident, Damon ordered Ricky to go back to his therapist, this time to help him work through his past problems. His therapist also suggested that Ricky try and get an emotional support animal for when he was feeling down, but Ricky argued that he was never alone to have such thoughts anymore.

Ricky sighed happily as he cuddled the animal. "Did you name him?"

"Not yet."

"How about...Butters?"

"Butters?" Hector chuckled. "Why Butters?"

"Because he's butter colored." Ricky nuzzled the puppy.

Thomas watched with interest, then smirked mischievously. "Your shoulder brace is gone."

Ricky smiled to himself. He had stopped by his doctors today to have it removed since he was told he no longer needed it. He hadn't informed his husbands yet though. Since it had been hidden under his clothes, it wasn't immediately obvious that it was gone.    

"Yeah. The Doctor said I didn't need it anymore." Ricky confirmed, then walked away with the puppy, oblivious to the sudden change that overcame his two husbands.

Kneeling on the ground, he set the puppy free to bound and tumble across the floor, happily yapping at Ricky to play with him. He was more than happy to do so but was stopped by an arm around his waist.

Hector had slunk down behind him and was now holding him in place as Thomas went to grab the dog and move it to the other room. Ricky turned questioningly towards the Hector, who's eyes were glowing excitedly.

Well that didn't take long.

"You should have said something." Hector leaned in close, his breath tickling Ricky's ear.

"I thought I'd let you figure it out."

"Not fair." Thomas popped up beside them, having made sure the puppy was safely put elsewhere for the time being. "You were holding out on us. I think that calls for punishment. What do you think, Mr. Second in command?"