Chapter 26 - Bellini

The club they were meeting at didn't open until 7 PM, so Ricky and David ended up spending a good portion of the day wandering around a nearby shopping district to pass the time. A little after noon, Ricky began getting calls left and right. His heart skipped a beat when he checked and Damon's name flashed across the screen.

He knew the man would be worried. He could easily answer and tell him he was in a business meeting, but he already felt bad about lying to Hector and Thomas, so he quickly shot him a text that said he was fine before turning off his phone. He would explain everything later. When it was finally time to meet up with Bellini, they departed for a night club called 'Esteban's'.

The two lined up outside a very plain looking brick building and slowly made their way to the entrance where a bouncer stood guard. Ricky had never actually been anywhere that needed a bouncer before, but knew that their presence usually meant that the location was accustomed to violence. When it was their turn, the enormous man stepped aside without a word and let them in.

The inside of Esteban's greatly differed from it's outward appearance. The place was huge, with hardwood floors, giant crystal chandeliers, multiple bars lit by blue and purple LED lights, and various disco balls around the dance area. To the left of the club he noticed there was a small 'arcade' full of slot machines and a few poker tables. There was also a little restaurant built into the opposite corner, with white clothed tables decorated in roses and glassware. This particular club was definitely not like the kinds he saw on TV, with loud music, cigarette smoke and flashing lights.

"Mr. De'stat?" A man wearing a white tuxedo approached them, his mouse brown hair slicked to the side.

Ricky quickly put on his business smile. "That's me."

"Excellent! Mr. Moscov is right this way. Please follow." And with that, he began heading towards the poker tables.

Ricky and David exchanged a look before doing as they were told. There were three other men waiting. Ricky immediately recognized the feminine Bellini, but the other two were new. One of them was a heavy set fellow with short blond hair and shifty brown eyes. He was wearing a blue vest and grey button shirt and was talking with Bellini who likewise was wearing a loose fitting green shirt with intricate patters sewn onto the sleeves. The third man was tall, nearly Damon's height, but slimmer with a moustache and dark side swept hair. He was wearing a black suit, similar to the one that Ricky had on.

As a matter of fact, all the people here were well dressed, just as their website said. It was a strict dress code that forbade T-Shirts and jeans. Ricky was glad he had looked this information up ahead of time, otherwise David would of shown up wearing that stupid tuxedo shirt instead of his chambray and khakis.

"Well if it ain't my boy, Rowdy Ricky!" Bellini stood to greet him, then noticed David standing to the side. "Awe, and you brought your pet again!" He shook Ricky's hand, then pinched David's cheek. "I always did find this one adorable."

"It's good to see you." Ricky smiled professionally.

Bellini made a face, then quickly returned his charismatic grin. "Awe hun, I'm so glad you're not sour with me. I thought you'd be a upset after I relayed your marriage information to Mr. Mendova."

"Wait, that was you?" Ricky asked. Chris wasn't the one who told his parents?

"Of course sweetheart. Did you forget? Mr. Mendova hired me to get information on you too. Not that I'm particularly loyal to the man. I work for whoever pays me."

"Right. Yeah, no hard feelings." Ricky quickly recovered himself. "Also, sorry if I don't remember everything from before, I was a little-"

"Toasted? Hun, you ain't gotta remind me. I was there. By the way, sorry about Flipper. I heard the poor girl died. It must have broke your heart. I remember how obsessed you were when you got her."