"I'd love to, baby, but I'm gonna hang with my parents for a little. Apparently, my girlfriend isn't the only person who needs my attention." He laughed, leaning back in the driver's seat. "I might stop by later though."

     Girlfriend. I was Isaiah Peters' girlfriend.

     "Suit yourself," I said with a shrug. "I wanted to show you my new bikini, but I guess I'll show Giselle instead."

     "On second thought, I'll definitely be over later. How's that?"

     Got him.

     I smiled widely, showcasing my well-maintained teeth. "Sounds good to me. Bye, thank you for the best date ever," I said, closing the door to his car.

     The plan for the rest of my day was starting to come together. I was going to invite Giselle over, so she would also have a reason to tell Tristan. If he was right in front of her, she'd be forced to confront the situation. Plus, she'd get to hang out with me.

     Two birds, one stone.

     I shot Giselle a quick text to let her know I'd probably be in the shower when she got here, and to just go straight to my room.

     The house was quiet when I stepped in, meaning Tristan wasn't awake yet and Zara was in a good mood.

     Today was looking like one of those peaceful, relaxing days of summer that made every other season pale in comparison.

     I made myself a quick breakfast: avocado toast with a glass of orange juice.

     My dad walked in as I spread the fruit all over my toast, topping it off with some red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. He smiled when he noticed me, walking over to my spot before giving me a hug.

     "Goodmorning, Princess." My dad placed a chaste kiss on my forehead, smoothing down my hair.

     I grinned.

     "Morning, Dad. Gonna do anything exciting today?" I asked, taking a bite out of my toast.

     If he noticed the red marks on the side of my neck that I hadn't bothered to cover, he didn't let on.

     "Your mother and I are going to go golfing today," he informed me, walking over to the coffee maker to brew a cup of his morning addiction.

     "I said exciting, Dad. What's exciting about hitting a tiny ball with a stick and literally watching it?"

     Herman frowned, pressing the button on the machine.

     Dark brown liquid poured into a mug monogrammed with the initials H.J, the aroma wafting around the kitchen.

     "I'm not nineteen anymore, sweetheart. That is exciting." He watched the cup fill up, tapping his chin. "Speaking of being nineteen, your birthday's coming up fast."

     "I know," I said, a smile finding its way onto my lips.

     My birthday was my favorite day of the year. A day dedicated to me and my livelihood? Getting shit faced drunk from the moment the clock struck twelve with my friends? What wasn't there to adore about my birthday?

     "Got anything planned? I can help grab whatever you need, just let me know."

     "I'm not sure yet, actually. I was thinking of inviting my friends from Virginia."

     "Oh, that sounds like it would be a good time. If that's what you want to do, make sure you let them know on time. Not everyone operates on the last possible minute like you do," he teased, drinking his coffee steaming hot and black.