Chapter 7: Bestfriend

Start from the beginning

"I actually did it!" And without even thinking. I threw my arms around Hunter's neck, jumping up and down. "Thank you!" I shouted as he wrapped his arms around me and chuckled. I untangled myself from him and continued to watch people shoot darts.

After a few minutes of people throwing darts. Reign decided to join us and greeted Hunter with a kiss on the cheek. I stepped away from them and joined Luke with their game of Truth or Dare.

...

After, I mingled some more. Found some old classmates and chatted. I was eating some kind of cheesecake when suddenly, a hand gripped my arm and pulled me away from the snack table. I looked at the owner to find Cielo. 

"Hey!" My greeting was muffled by the cheesecake in my mouth.

"I saw Reign setting up something on the side of the house. It had a cover so I couldn't see." He half whispered, half screamed at me. I furrowed my brows, thinking of the endless things it could be.

I decided to explore the house to find out what she's planning. I ended up at the second floor, I was about to open a door at the end of a hall when it opened and Reign stepped out.

She looked at me, concern etched on her face. "Theo? What..." She stopped herself, looking a little baffled before wearing a scowl. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I... I was looking for the bathroom." I lied. 

She looked at me, squinting like she was reading my mind. "Don't enter any room here without permission." She breathed out before walking past me. 

I looked over my shoulder to look at her walking figure. I looked at the door again... Then left. The moment I stepped foot from the stairs to the floor. Masha met me, her smile beaming.

"Come, Theo!" She said before pulling me with her. My protests were drowned out by the music when we passed the speakers.

She pulled me into the gaming room, where everyone was gathered, a machine I haven't seen in this house sits. I very much know what it is because I use it a lot. It was a karaoke machine. We sat at a couch as the party continued around us. I was about to ask Masha what was the matter when Reign appeared in the middle of the room. Masha beside me squealed which made me groan. 

Reign's voice cut through the booming music as it slowly died down. "Okay everyone! It's time for the main event." 

The people clapped and cheered as Masha, Cielo and I stayed seated. 

"We have a performer tonight and I think he's very excited to show his talent." She added as her eyes searched through the crowd.

"Is she making me sing?" I whispered to Cielo and Masha. Cielo shrugged while Masha, on the other hand, was nodding enthusiastically with a big smile. I rolled my eyes jokingly and returned my focus to Reign.

"Please give it up for... Theo Willshire!" She announced as people screamed loudly. I stood up, partly because people pushed me. I begrudgingly stood to the center as people raged around me. 

"Um, I didn't know I had to perform tonight but, yeah! I hope you guys enjoy what... I'm about to sing. I don't even know it either." Laughter resonated at that.

I had three songs to choose from. 'Titanium', 'A Thousand Years' and 'Dreaming of you'. At least they were good ones and not trashy new songs I didn't even know. I chose 'Dreaming of You' because one: I don't know and two: I stan queen Selena.

I cleared my throat before singing out the first verse. It seemed like I was alone in the room because it was really quiet as I stared at the screen that displayed the lyrics. As I got to the chorus. I searched the crowd and settled my eyes on Hunter, he had a small smile. I sang my heart out, my inspiration is right there, watching me. I closed my eyes as the crowd swayed their bodies, kind of with a waving motion as I sang the second verse. I'm skilled with doing runs and riffs with my voice and so I did them, to impress.