10 | The Babysitter

Depuis le début

"I'm sorry for being s-so bad." I sniffled lifting my head up to capture his gaze. My eyes felt sore and stiff and my cheek had to be flushed red and stained with tears.

I never wanted to be a bad girl...

"It's okay. You aren't used to these things, I should've been more understanding." He pulled me away from his chest, I was reluctant at first but eventually caved in. He gave me a weak smile and used his thumb to wipe away the new tears that streamed down my puffy cheeks.

"Stop crying pretty girl so we can meet your babysitter." He placed me on his lap and wrapped his strong arms around my body to keep me warm. His large hands encased my smaller ones to keep me grounded.

I was beginning to feel better already. He had such a way of soothing me and keeping me from losing my head.

Putting aside my fears, my eyes landed on the man sitting across from us. He had on fancier attire and his clean cut hair was styled off his forehead. He sent me a smile, and I hesitantly reciprocated the action.

"This is Jinyoung." Daddy introduced the man who had fierce eyes that he covered with a small grin.

"Nice to meet you y/n." His voice was shaky, likely due to my sudden outburst from earlier. I also couldn't help but cringe a little at hearing my name. I'm so used to cute pet names, it made hearing my name feel foreign.

"Hello." I politely greeted holding on to daddy's arms that tightened around me.

"Jinyoung is going to be watching you until I get home. No need to worry sweet pea, he's friends with Namjoon." He looked at me with kind eyes knowing it would take me a while to warm up to this stranger.
I became more open to the idea realizing that he knew Joonie. If he was friends with him then maybe he wouldn't be so bad.

"Okay baby, I have to get going I'm already running late." He said prying me off his lap which took more struggling than it needed to. I still didn't want daddy to go.

Once he got me off him, he stood up and peered down at me with uncertainty. I gripped his arm and whined, staring up at him with puppy eyes. There was no bone in my body that wanted him to leave, why couldn't he see that?

Thinking about daddy being gone brings a tsunami of sadness to drown me in darkness.

"Baby you have to let me go, I'm already running late." He looked at his watch and then to me with those doe eyes that were impossible to defy.

I loosened my grip on his arm to drop down to his hand. I wrapped my fingers around his thumb and challenged him with another pout and whine of protest.

I won't let you go so easily daddy.

"Oh baby, please don't look at me like that." He groaned throwing  his head back in exasperation. I smiled knowing I was making this hard for him.

"If you let me go, I'll bring home some strawberry ice cream." He suggested, yet that wasn't enough to make me let him go. Daddy was sweeter than any amount of ice cream.

I shook my head, causing his eyes to go as wide as saucers. It was highly unexpected of me to turn down the delicious dessert.

"How about I buy you a new stuffed animal?" He smiled thinking there was no way I'd pass this up. But to his surprise, I shook my head once more. I already had Kookie, why would I need more?

"I only want you daddy." I mumbled pressing my body flush against his. His cheeks turned a faint shade of crimson, his eyes showing panic at the sudden closeness. It didn't help that I wasn't even dressed.