𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 - the start of something better

"(name), wake up

"(name), wake up. We're gonna be late."

You groggily rubbed your eyes, hearing a voice coming from the room across from your own.

"Gomen, Tobio. I'll be up soon!" You told him.

The clock on your left read '6:25 am'.You prepared your things and took a short, hot shower. You slipped on your school uniform, admiring the Karasuno colours fit on your body. You thoroughly brushed your hair and clipped your silver locket around your neck, fumbling a bit with it and staring at the picture inside before you went to the kitchen to greet your cousin. His sister had gone off to college when you were around twelve, so you weren't really close with her. Though you were close with the raven-haired boy himself, it was very seldom you two casually talked, excluding your volleyball practices together. Since his parents were living in another province, it left just you two at the house. You had gone to Kitagawa Daichii with him for junior high, though that is a story for a different time. You did not want to remember the events that happened during those three years. You wondered if high school was going to be any better for you.

As the two of you set foot out of the door, both jogging your way to your first day of high school, you decided to ask him something.

"Ne, Tobio. You're joining the boys' volleyball team, right?"

"Yeah. What club are you joining, (name)? Probably volleyball, too. You are in the U-19, after all." He questioned, waiting for you to respond. (the U-19 stands for under 19, which means that only people from high/middle school can participate. I don't think anyone from middle school actually joined one of the teams yet, but just go with it for the plot) You stared down at the ground, continuing to pace yourself. Jogging was a norm for the two of you, both needing to be kept in shape. You both loved volleyball, and he was surprised when he found out you played it, too.

"Actually, that's the thing, Tobio. I think playing on the girls' team, playing for the U-19, and maintaining my studies is a bit much, don't you think?" You placed a fake smile on your face, peering back at him while letting out heavy breaths.

"Yeah, you're right." He smiled back at you.

"Maybe come with me to the gym right now? I need to do some warmups, and I need someone to help me practice." He asked hopefully.

"Sure, I have time."

You and Kageyama made your way to the gym doors.

"I think this is the gym.." He muttered.

He opened the doors to reveal and empty volleyball court.

"No one's here yet, huh?" You asked.

"Let's just rally for a bit, (name)."

"Yeah, okay."