Coffee Shop

"Order for Nina!"

Lena looked around, wondering if it was meant to her. There was no one else this early at the coffee shop but she still had to make sure considering that no one had ever gotten her name that badly.

"Do you mean, Lena?"

"Oh! I'm sorry, I must have heard wrong. Latte macchiato, right?"

"Um, yeah. That's me."

You give her a wide smile and hand her the drink, along with one of your pasties.

"On the house, I feel bad for saying your name wrong."

Lena just gave her a smile, she hadn't meant to worry you. She just wanted to make sure that she hadn't gotten anyone's order by accident.

"Don't worry about it. It happens. Thanks again for the pastry."

You nod and waved her goodbye, sighing dreamily as she walks out. This woman was gorgeous as hell. You weren't sure if she was going to come back but you certainly hoped so. Even if it was just to interact with her for a few minutes. That's all you really needed, at least until you were sure that she was also into women and then work up the courage to ask her out.

X

"Order for Elena!"

Lena again looked around to see if anyone stood up for the drink and no one did. She had a small smile as she walked up to the counter to call for your attention.

"Latte macchiato?"

"Oh shoot! I'm sorry, Lina?" Lena shakes her and you pretend to be upset about it.

"It's oka..."

"No, no. It's not okay. We pride ourselves on saying our customers name right. Unlike some popular coffee shop franchise. Here...." You pull out a different pastry and hand it to her. "on the house."

Lena tries to hand it back to you but you just slide it back.

"I can't take this. I had nothing to complain about."

"Please, I insist. I hate disappointing customers. Even if it's just calling out their names wrong. I promise to get it right next time."

Lena nods and gives you a wide smile again.

"Next time then."

She waves you goodbye and heads out. Right as the door closes behind you, Kara pops up behind you.

"Liar! You've never gotten any of the customers name wrong, except for hers. I think somebody has a little crush on someone."

You roll your eyes when you see her shit-eating grin.

"Fuck off, you have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh sure, like anyone will believe that."

You're thankful that another customer walks in to distract her. Kara, always had a habit of getting in your business when she found out that you liked someone.

X

"Emilia!"

By this time, Lena just knew you were talking about her. She lets out a laugh and walks up to the counter.

"So what happened to 'getting it right next time."

" Crap, I'm sorry. Crazy busy, today. It doesn't help that I'm also taking drive-thru orders so I'm multitasking. Lena, right?"

"Well now I feel bad that you're making an effort to know my name and yet I don't know yours."

You pull on your tag so that she can have a better look at it.

"(y/n)?"

"Yep! Next time, I promise! Here.."

"Nope, I'm not taking another pastry unless I pay for it."

You pout and hold up the pastry that you had already put out.

"but I can't put this back. Who else is it going to eat it."

Lena relents as she sees your pout.

"I'm leaving an even bigger tip. I can't imagine that your boss is happy with all the pastries that you keep handing out."

"Ohh...I'm sure she won't mind."

"Well still."

She pulls out a bill and places it on the tip jar.

"Don't want my favorite barista out of a job. I'll see you tomorrow."

You blushed brightly as she called you your favorite and thanked the gods that she had already turned around before she could see you.

X

"What the fuck! Who left $100 for a tip?"

Kara had dumped all the tip and was separating it for the other people that were working on that shift. You head to the back as you hear her curse.

"Kara! Language! You rarely curse anyways. What's going on?"

"Well this was the occasion. Someone actually left $100 in the jar. Who was it?"

You had a vague idea of who it was but didn't say anything.

"Not sure. I wasn't looking."

Kara gives you a look but does't say anything. She had no proof.

"Uh huh."

X

Kara rolled her eyes when she heard you yet again call this woman by her wrong name. This must be the same woman that you kept giving pastries. She handed a coworker her headphone and walked to the front, where you and Lena were talking.

"Hi, sorry to bother you but I came here to tell you that this idiot has the biggest crush on you and has in fact memorized your name. She just purposely calls out your name wrong for some reason."

"Kara! That's not true."

You hissed at her. Kara just laughs and walks back to the drive-thru window.

"Do what you want with that information!"

She yells to Lena.

You sigh and turn to face Lena.

"Please, forgive her. She just haven't had her coffee yet."

"Oh no worries. I'm glad she brought it up. I knew since Wednesday. I was just a little curious as to why you were doing it. But I'm happy with the reason as to why you've been doing it. I love your coffee but I've also been coming in here for you. I like seeing you in the mornings. You make my day. How about I give you my number and you can message me when you're free. I'd love to take you out sometime."

You nod quickly, unable to say anything. You were shocked that this was actually happening.

Lena reaches over to take the pen from your pocket and write down her number on the receipt.

"I'll be looking forward to your message."

She says after handing you back your pen and her number.

Kara finally pops out again when she hears Lena leave.

"You're welcome! I just scored you a date. You owe me. Say the weekend off and we're even."

You rolled your eyes and shook your head.

"You ass. Just for that, I'm making you come on Friday to cover my shift."

"I'm okay with that but you better call me after it. I want to hear all the details."

You didn't bother to answer her as you went back to take orders at the register.

"I'll just ask Lena when she comes on Monday!"

You were so getting her back