Back

Kara crossed her arms and blocked the doorway as you tried to head out of the apartment to walk to work. 

"Move, Kara. We're going to be late. We can't call Nat again. We promised that we'll go back today."

"No. I told her that I'll be back today. You're staying here and resting. Your doctor told you that you needed to take it easy or it would get worse if you continue to overwork your heart."

"I'm fine, Kara. I just need to keep remembering to take my pills. It won't happen again."

You tried to push her away from the door but she remained still. Sometimes you really hated the fact that she loved to work out. Whenever she could, Kara would show off the fact that she was much stronger than you like at this moment. 

"I'm not having you pass out again and put even more stress on your heart. You heard what the doctor said, your heart can't continue taking the work you put in it. I..I don't want to lose you. Please just stay here and rest. I'll take care of the coffee shop."

You were stubborn and hell but you knew when to back down. Watching Kara cry was one of them as she made you feel like you had just kicked a puppy. Taking off your coat, you make your way back to the kitchen.

"I'll stay here and rest."

Kara's sad puppy dog eyes are gone as soon as they appear. She gives you a bright smile and walks over to hug you. 

"Thank you. I'll give you an update at the end of my shift. Please, please, please give me a call if you need anything. If I don't answer just call Alex."

You nod and gently start to shoo her out the door. 

"I promise, I'll give either of you a call if I need something. Now go. You're going to be late and we're losing money."

Kara just laughs as she leaves your apartment. You hated how easily Kara manipulated to stay at home since now you were just going to be stuck at home without doing anything. 

X

Kara was finishing setting up everything for the day when Lena walked in. 

"Lena! What are you doing here? I assumed (y/n) had texted you that she wasn't going to be coming today."

She frowns as she pulls out her phone to check if she had received a message from you. 

"No...she's not going to be able to make it today?"

"I'm afraid not. The doctor told her that she needed to rest."

Kara watches as Lena's frown deepened. Honestly, she should really get paid for the fact that she kept pushing the two of you together. 

"Why don't you pay her a visit? She'll probably enjoy the company and you'll be able to see that she's feeling much better."

"I..I don't know. Don't you think that it's too soon to be visiting each other's apartments."

"Lena, just visit her as a friend not someone that wants to date her."

"Oh, I guess you're right. I'll pay her a visit after work then. I could probably bring her some dinner."

Kara smiles and nods. Happy that you weren't going to be alone all day. She knew you and you hated sitting around and doing nothing. It's the entire reason why you had even ended up at the hospital, a month after you had been released. 

"I'm sure she'll love that. Give me your number and I'll send you her address."

The two of them take out both of their phones and exchange numbers. 

"Great. And..." Kara quickly send Lena the address to your place. "there you go. Give me a call if she tries to convince you to go out. She needs to rest and can be quite stubborn when she doesn't get her way."

Lena just laughs and nods. She was definitely going to be needing Kara's help with you. She was weak when it came to telling you no so if you did end up asking her to take you out then she would. 

"I'll more than likely give you call then. I have a hard time saying no to her."

Kara lets out a whip noise, making Lena blush. 

"I can't help it. I just like her a lot."

"Good. I like her a lot too but I've develop immunity against her so I should be good. You still have a long way to go Lena."

The two of them talked for a little while longer until eventually Lena had to excuse herself to head back to work. 

X

You honestly had no idea how you did it when you had gotten quite sick that you could barely go out. You managed to make it through the morning and afternoon but you were just itching to go out. It was impossible for you to go out considering that Kara didn't trust you and would call you randomly every hour to make sure that you were still at home. You honestly couldn't decide if you hated her for forcing you to stay home or loved her for taking care of you. 

It was eventually dinner time and so you stood up from the couch to make you way to the kitchen to start cooking something light. As you were making your way to the kitchen, there was a knock at the door. You weren't expecting anyone but you still went out to check who it was. When you looked through the peephole, you smiled when you saw who it was. 

"Oh! You're a sight for sore eyes."