Till We Meet Again

Elizabeth took one more look at the blonde man who rested upon his bed and smiled. This was the most peaceful he had been for as long as she had known him, that thought alone upset her. She knew her time had come when she arose this morning, though she had known before, she just couldn't come to terms with it. Her comrades, her friends, her family, and she was leaving it all behind, for what? She didn't really know herself. But, she knew it had to be done. She slipped down the stairs and outside the front door before she allowed herself a moment to breathe. She loved them, there was no doubt about that, but if she waited any longer she knew she'd be doing more harm than she'd ever want.

She walked away from their little tavern and down the hill towards the forest, turning back for one last look, fearful for if she turns away one more time they'll fade from her memories and her heart. The morning sun kissed the hill lighting the tavern in the most beautiful light, perfect for the last memory. Elizabeth allowed one tear to fall down her face from the loss of her family before she turned away. Not forever, she'd be back, that she'd promise herself- false hope or not it gave her reason and that alone gave her purpose. She pulled a map out of her pocket, an object that had mysteriously appeared, seemingly out of nowhere and looked at the destination, no idea whether this place really existed, or if it was all completely fictional, but she had her faith and would be content with either outcome. 

The further she traversed into the forest the lighter she felt. Free from every responsibility she had once held, and it wasn't long until she noticed the wings upon her back, the flower trail from whence she had come from. Light poured from her body, though she wasn't frightened, it was comforting, she felt safe. Before she had even noticed she was at her destination. Or supposedly. she saw a cliffside, normal boring cliffside. no magical doorway, no gate to the heavens, nothing about who she is or was supposed to do. Elizabeth looked down at the floor. Sure she was disappointed but she knew better than to have her hopes up. 

She touched the cliff before sighing, turning and walking back into the forest until she heard the sound of a door opening. She turned on her heel and ran to the doorway on the cliffside. Light blinded her for a brief moment until a voice screamed her name, she stood just inside the doorway looking out for the voice, wondering if for a moment she had imagined it herself. but then a small blonde man appeared from behind the trees. "Elizabeth! Wait!" He called one more time. He tried getting to her but stopped before the door, the light burning his skin.

"Sir Meliodas stop! Look at your arms." 

He ignored her and pushed forward, praying to reach her before she disappeared.

"STOP!" Elizabeth screamed. Meliodas took a step back as the rest of the sins approached them

Elizabeth smiled softly and moved slightly closer to her family before looking down at Meliodas' burn. It was spreading, fast. She held out her hand and closed her eyes, concentrating. A warm sensation filled his wounds as they rapidly disappeared from where they once were. He stared at the floor, maybe if he didn't look it wouldn't be true, maybe if he didn't look she'd walk back into his arms and he'd be enough. But the brisk cold air surrounding him was the reminder that she stood the furthest from him than he could remember. He cried, and all she could do was watch.

"Sir Meliodas. Look at me. Please. Let me see your eyes before I go." 

He shook his head, there he'd look away and she'd never leave, she'd come back over and everything would go back to the way it was. He believed it, so it would happen. 

"Please." her voice broke. He did that. Elizabeth looked at everyone. They cried as though they were grieving a lost friend, but she was going to return. She'd learn how to use her power, she'd be strong and powerful, smart and brave. She'd be someone she could be proud of. She needed this, she needed to leave. Then, when she returned, she could hold her head high and walk back into her kingdom proud of who she was. Then finally his head rose, his tear-filled emerald eyes begged her to stay. And had she not already began separating herself from the human realm, she would have walked back over there. 

She stood strong and waved, tears of happiness and love for her family overwhelmed her as she spoke her goodbye, the door closing once again, "I will return! I will be strong and brave and your tavern is the first place I will visit when I come home! Till we meet again guys!" 

The door shut and they were gone, by the time she turned around, she already knew that this is where her story began, and for her, there was no time like the present.

__________________________________________________________

Thank you everyone for reading this chapter. I know there wasn't much melizabeth in this, I've just been having insane writer's block lately. If any of you are struggling on any chapters I can give you some of the chapters I have written, I'd love to see your creativity! I wanted to do something with Elizabeth as I feel as though she didn't get much development in the series. I'm hoping that we get another side story about Meliodas and Elizabeth in their first lives, exactly how they met and how their love blossomed, it would be so cute.

Anyway, off-topic. Like I said, thank you everyone for the support, it honestly makes my day to see that you all enjoy this series as much as you do, and as its lockdown, I should have more time to write and upload more (in theory, we'll see how it goes). Like I say every time, I have more stories that I'm working on, but they have all gotten to a point where I'm not sure where to take it. I don't want to make it the same old same old, I love writing unique stories that you guys will love, but as I said, it's difficult. 

I will work on it and I will work around this writer's block- I promise. See you in the next chapter, stay safe and stay indoors everyone! :)