What if I don't want to wake up?

(You got three song choices XD I love each one)

Elizabeth POV

I walked down the old brown steps, down to the bar which held my friends. Gripping my spinning head, nausea hitting me, heart in my throat. Before I met my friends, I sat on the step to re-orientate myself from the dizziness. "You okay there Elizabeth?" a voice brought me back to the present. Meliodas, I hadn't even heard him coming. "Sir Meliodas, how long was I asleep for? It felt like a life time..." I trailed off thinking to myself. Meliodas just looked at me sympathetically, I know why, this is not the first time something like this has happened, if memory serves me correctly, this is the 107th time this has happened, I had three days to live and counting. The curse was still there, despite his promise, I'm starting to think he can't get rid of the curse. I can understand why, if and when he does, the next time I die, will be final, as will his. Neither of us want that. But life has a funny way of teaching us to make the best of our situations, humans, for example, they have strange ceremonies to celebrate moments of their life, being a princess of a human family, I grew up with said traditions. Birthdays, to celebrate age, baptisms, to show one's commitment to faith, and marriage, the most important celebration, the joining of two souls, 'for better or for worse, till death do us part'. Loyalty, love, friendship. I have always pondered the importance and emotion behind these ceremonies, the answer of which I have come to learn is that humans have such short life spans, unlike us celestial beings, so they created a ceremony after which they'd have a purpose, and would guarantee a place to go after death.

"Meliodas, I want an answer. And I want one now." I demanded

"It's been a long time since you called me that..."

"Now Meliodas, don't you dare try to change the subject."

"8 hours" he sighed

"The longest one so far, the comas are getting longer." I pondered then continued not allowing him any time to intervene the conversation, "Meliodas, I don't want you to suffer because of me." I looked down at the clasped hands that resided in my lap, to this day I was still the same goddess that I was in the beginning

"Elizabeth, we've spoken about-"

"I know." I waved him off, only now letting the conversation fall, "Let's not keep them waiting any, longer shall we?"

"No, I suppose we shouldn't."

Meliodas gently grabbed my hand, knowing I was back. He had waited for this moment and yet he dreaded it all the same. He knew what this moment meant for me, but he also knew that these were always the best and closest three days that we will spend together of all of the years of my current human life. Each past one cherished, each one hated. The thought and memory of what he had to endure. And what he will again, all because of me. Merlin was the first at the bottom at the steps, had I have been princess Elizabeth, the third princess of Liones I would have expected it to be Diane, but as of present, and all past 'mes' I'm glad it was Merlin. She collapsed into my lap and hugged me tight, Meliodas always waited for Merlin, considering she was still young. I stroked the back of her hair, she was the only other person bar Meliodas and myself that knew of my 'condition' I'm not sure if he or even myself are ready to tell them, we will have to leave that to Merlin.