𝟸𝟿| 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

Start from the beginning

I snorted, making my way towards them. Without thinking, I gripped Sabrina's hands in my own and spun her, resulting in a gasp escaping her thin lips. "C'mon, Brina. Show me what you got," I said, whirling around and attempting to shake her but she merely blushed. "Why so shy?" Laughing, I jumped around, feeling Nolan tug my waist and twirl me. "See? Let loose, girl."

"I can't," she grumbled with crimsoned cheeks and I had to strain to hear it over the booming music. I knew that look in her hazel eyes, I'd seen it in the mirror one too many times. She was afraid of being judged. 

"Brina," I pulled her close, allowing her body to sway with mine to the tune as Nolan rattled about in a circle, pumping his hands in the air. "Lakeside High might classify you as a nerd, but deep down we all know you're a cool girl. A wild child ready to break free," my words were murmured into her ear and she grinned, pulling away with a glowing look in her eyes. "Now go party with my best friend."

She laughed although it was inaudible due to the music. With a final smile, she allowed herself to be pulled into the embrace of Nolan who was shaking around like a maniac. I decided to immerse myself in the music once again, feeling my body become light with each twirl and twist. 

Perspiration formed on my neck the longer I danced but I had no apprehensions. There were people gawking at me but did I care? No. Tammy stood in a corner conversing with Mattia who looked beyond uncomfortable and I giggled. Eventually, my throat became parched and I wondered why Liam was taking so long.

Pushing through the grinding bodies, I finally made it to an abnormally large kitchen. There weren't many people present except a group of students in a corner and a duo close to the centre counter - a duo which Liam Finnegan consisted of. He stood with a bottle of water in his hand, leaning against a counter with his arms crossed.

His muscular form was embellished in a tight white t-shirt and jeans, a look that I noticed he went with a lot. Next to him, leaning a bit too close for comfort, was a short brunette with her hair up in a ponytail. 

I rolled my eyes at how easily he could make friends, stepping up to the fridge and grabbing myself a beer. There was no use in being jealous. I never understood that concept. We were allowed to converse with whoever we wanted to. 

Popping it open, I sauntered towards Liam and his 'friend' smirking triumphantly as I managed to attract their attention. "Did you forget about me?" I whispered to Liam, lips brushing the shell of his ear and he grinned, shaking his head lightly.

"I got distracted," he muttered, motioning subtly to the girl who was observing us. "There's a difference, Blondie." I giggled, poking his jaw before taking a swig of the chilled beer in my hand as his arm encircled around my lower back, keeping me close.

Liam didn't seem to mind the beer, as long as I didn't offer it to him. At first, I was a bit iffy about drinking around him but he laughed it off.

The brunette next to him looked pestered at the least. Her brown eyes were narrowed as she took in my outfit and I rolled my eyes, knowing exactly what she was thinking. I thought we left behind the concept of girls putting other girls down. "Charlie," I grinned, sending her a small wave. Liam squeezed my hip, able to tell that my smile was forced. 

"Laura," she returned although there was no emotion in her tone and I frowned. At least I was pretending to be nice. She didn't even make the effort. Her eyes surveyed my leather shorts and exposed midsection as well as the swells of my breast at the top of my tank top. She tutted and spoke in a condescending tone. "I'm disappointed every day by the lack of self-respect some women have."