twenty two

The boys had just gotten back from dinner, and were about to have a movie night, but Jack seemed very distracted.

"Hey Jack, you good bro?" Zach asked, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jack answered.

"Don't lie to me," Zach demanded. The other three boys had gone into the living room by now, but Zach and Jack were still in the doorway, "I know too well for you to get away with a lie."

"Fine, it's Fayette. Her caption on her most recent post make it sound like something happened. I texted her all day but she left me on read. Something happened but she won't even try to deny it, she just keeps ignoring me," Jack admitted.

"Damn, you've never used her full name. You're really worried, aren't you?" Zach asked, a little worried about both Fayette and Jack at this point.

"Of course I am," Jack breathed out, "Hey, do you think you could do me a favour?"

 "Fine, just nothing that involves breaking a law," Zach said.

"Why would I ask you to- you know what, never mind. Can you text Faye and ask her if something wrong? I know she won't answer me if I keep texting, so maybe she'll vent to you since you don't know her as well as I do. You don't even have to tell me what she said, I just wanna know she's okay," Jack told him.

"Sure, give me her number," Zach agreed as he handed Jack his phone.

"Thank you Zach," Jack said while putting Fayette's number into Zach's phone.

"Can you guys stop flirting and get your asses in here!" Jonah yelled from the living room.

"C'mon, let's relax for tonight," Zach said. The two walked into the living room and took a seat on the couch. For once, Jonah didn't force them to watch Harry Potter.

✶✶✶

Zach woke up the next morning and immediately remembered what Jack had asked him to do. Jack was one of his best friends, and Zach wanted nothing more than for all his best friends to be happy. So, he took out his phone and went to the number Jack had put in his phone the night before.

Zach

Hey Faye, it's Zach

Jack's band mate/best friend.

just texting you to see how ur doing.

Jack's told me a lot about you, I hope I can meet you one day!

Zach didn't want to tell her that Jack asked him to text her, he just tried being nice and seeing if she'd answer. It was 8 a.m. in LA, so it was around 5 p.m. where she was. He hoped she wasn't at dinner or something.

Faye

hey zach.

how'd you get my number?

wait, nvm. jack.

Zach

yeah, but srsly. how are you?

Faye

I'm fine.

and you don't have to pretend like Jack didn't ask you to text me.

I wasn't answering, so obviously he would send one of his friends.

Zach

yeah he did send me.

BUT, he said he wouldn't ask what you said, 

so VENT TO ME PRETTY LADY

Faye

NO PRETTY BOI

Zach

so you think i'm attractive

Faye

yes, i thought i made that clear when

i told jack that you were the cutest in the group

Zach

i forgot about that

HA YOU THINK IM CUTEEEEE

Faye

stop flattering yourself, 

or else i'll say that jonah is the cutest

Zach

Faye

okay,

jonah is the cutest.

Zach

Faye

Welp! BYE!

👋

Zach

WAIT

SHIT, I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT HUMAN

YOU TRICKED ME

COME BACKKKKK

you got out of this conversation way too easily

😒