sixteen

Incoming FaceTime call from "noodles🍜"

Fayette sat at her desk and propped her phone up so that Jack would be able to see her clearly. She pressed the accept button and Jack's face came into view.

"Hey," He said.

"Hi," She replied.

"Wow, you're even prettier in person," Jack told her.

"Jack, we're facetiming, we're not seeing each other in person."

"You do have an accent!" Jack exclaimed. He was laying down in his bed and he sat up from surprise, which revealed his chest. 

"Yes, I do. Thanks, Catherine Obvious," Fayette said, quoting one of her favourite childhood shows.

"Did you really just make a Victorious reference?" Jack asked, slightly disappointed in her, but in a humourous way.

"I did, now let's work!" 

"Okay, so, this song. What were you thinking?" Jack asked.

"I'm not sure, I have everything done except the lyrics," Fayette explained, "Well, that's not completely true, I have the first verse done, but I can't think of anything else."

"Can I hear it? The first verse?" Jack wondered.

"I guess, I don't have any of the music here so, here goes nothing," Fayette informed him before looking down at her notebook and clearing her throat.

"Old suitcase, clean getaway, I'm the one who takes the blame again. New day but the same lines, I feel like a victim of the dollar sign."

"How is it possible for one person to sound so angelic?" Jack complimeted.

Fayette rolled her eyes at her friend, "Good one, but I actually have no idea what else to write."

"How about something like, 'All these years on my own. Fight my fight all alone'?" Jack sugessted.

"Wait, that actually sounds great!" Fayette said, happy that the song was finally getting somewhere.

"Lowlife," Jack muttered.

"Huh?" Fayette asked.

"Lowlife," Jack said louder, "The song could be about finding someone who makes your life better."

"That's amazing, Jack! The beginning of the chorus could be something like, 'Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife. Take a shitty day and make it alright, yeah, alright'," Fayette said.

"That sounds really good, then maybe the last part could be 'Oh, in every circumstance, yeah, you make the difference. Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, lowlife'," Jack offered.

"Damn, we're good at this," Fayette laughed.

"So now we need to go back and write the pre-chorus," Jack said.

"Okay, so you gave me the beginning to the pre-chorus earlier, All these years on my own. 'Fight my fight all alone'. The end would have to relate to that, so how about, ' 'Til you came, don't you know, don't you know'?" Fayette asked.

"I think it sounds great, so does that mean we're done the first verse, pre-chorus, and chorus?" Jack wondered.

"It does," Fayette smiled. She slowly sang all of the lines and they sounded phenomenal. 

"Thank you, Jack. You really helped," Fayette said.

"It was my pleasure. Verse two?" Jack asked.

"Of course," Fayette replied.

A/N

The song used in this chapter is "Lowlife" by Poppy. It's really good and you should definitely give it a listen!

<3